June Outflows Bring 2Q Losses to $11.62B, Third-Worst on Record
- Investors Keep Fleeing Muni Funds. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;9/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33979, p1
The article informs that the municipal bond market in the U.S. failed to encourage the investors who pulled a net 1.90 billion U.S. dollars from muni bond mutual funds on September 11, 2013. It informs that the tax-exempt fund outflows accelerated sharply in the June 2013. As per George...
- Nuveen counts on diversity to fight interest-rate threat. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/24/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p27
Diversification boosted Nuveen Investments Inc. in the first quarter, but its interest-rate-sensitive roots have pulled down the firm since then. Strong sales of equity-based mutual funds lifted first-quarter net income 23% to $40.0 million, or 40 cents per diluted share, while operating...
- Rising Interest Rates Hammered Most Portfolios in 2Q. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p6
Reports that all but a handful of municipal bond mutual funds produced sub-zero returns in the U.S. as interest rates rose during the second quarter of 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- The Market's Big Chill. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p1
Reports on the effect of interest rates on the performance of municipal bond mutual fund in 2005 in Rochester, New York. Views of Dan Loughran, vice president and portfolio manager at Oppenheimer-Funds Inc., on bond prices; Percentage of increase in general obligation bonds during the first...
- Big money in closed-end munis. Revell, Janice // Fortune;3/22/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p140
Recommends closed-end municipal bond funds for fixed-income investors looking for high yields. Details of average returns of municipal bond funds; Explanation of how the funds differ from regular mutual funds; Recommendation of the Nuveen Municipal Advantage fund; Warning that a rise in interest...
- Weekly Reporting Munis See $272M Inflow. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p7
The article reports that the weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. had a net inflow of $272.15 million during the period ended March 29, 2006. The category represents about 73% of assets in all municipal bond funds. Assets in all municipal bond funds are currently valued at...
- Weekly Reporting Funds Take In $197 Million. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p6
Focuses on the net inflow of weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.
- Munis Make Balanced Funds Less Taxing. Geer, Carolyn T. // Fortune;11/23/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p318
Focuses on balanced mutual funds and municipal (muni) bonds which are benefiting from the global economic turmoil. Where balanced funds invest; Municipal bonds compared to Treasury bonds; Yield on munis; Study by Donald Peters and Mary Miller in the fall 1998 issue of `Journal of Investing'...
- The Year Past, the Year Ahead. Fine, Jacob // Financial Planning;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the performance of municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. in 2003. Challenges facing muni funds in 2004; Total return for Lipper's general municipal bond fund category; List of the top performing muni funds.