N.Y. Judge Names Panel On Education
- Bruno Throws Stones. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p31
The article reports that New York State Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno decided to offer his own diagnosis of Supreme Court Justice Leland DeGrasse's mental health at a conference of mayors in Albany. About 15 billion dollars are recommended by a special panel of former state judges...
- BILLIONS FOR BIG APPLE. // American School & University;Mar2005, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the ruling by the New York Supreme Court Justice Leland DeGrasse regarding the state budget allocation for the New York City school system; Failure of the state to come up with a plan to bring its educational funding system into compliance with the constitution; Amount to be spent in...
- Court to Name Overseers In N.Y. Funding Case. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;6/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p24
A New York state judge is planning to appoint overseers to monitor and report on the state's efforts to comply with a court order I to pump more money into the New York City schools. On May 26, State Supreme Court Justice Leland DeGrasse, a trial-level judge, asked lawyers in the case to...
- Other People's Children. Proefriedt, William A. // Education Week;11/20/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on the disparities in school funding in the United States. Idea that while Americans feel all children have the right for equal educational opportunity, Americans do not want to pay for educating the children of their poor neighbors; Efforts to remedy unfairness in public school...
- Judges in the Classroom. // Christian Science Monitor;1/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 35, p10
Editorial. Discusses a court decision in New York by State Supreme Court Judge Leland DeGrasse on education reform.
- An Overdue Verdict. Feldman, Sandra // National Journal;2/03/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p310
Comments on the decision of New York State Supreme Court Justice Leland Degrasse on the funding of the state's public schools. Arguments raised on his decision; Emphasis of Degrasse on the state's lack of qualified teachers; Demand of children in the United States for improvement in education.
- Congress Hands New President A Record $42 Billion Education Budget. // Educational Marketer;01/08/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on the increase in the budget for education in the United States for 2001.
- Paige, Congress Tap Improvement Fund For Wish List Items. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
Reports the appropriations for the improvement of education in the United States. Rationale of the Fund for the Improvement of Education by the United States Congress; Mechanics of fund dispersal by the Department of Education; Controversies surrounding the availability and dispersal of the...
- Changes in State Fiscal Conditions And Appropriations for Educations. // Education Week;10/10/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p11
A chart is presented that depicts changes in state appropriations for education in the U.S.