Why Is XBRL So Hard?
Tags: XBRL (Document markup language); DOCUMENT markup languages; SYSTEM integration; PROBLEM solving; RELATIONAL databases; INFORMATION storage & retrieval systems; EMBEDDED computer systems; DATABASES -- Computer network resources
- XBRL GROWS Up. deFelice, Alexandra // Accounting Technology;Mar2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p29
The article discusses the importance of using XML-based extensible business reporting language (XBRL) in accounting. It has set greater ease of financial reporting in the daily operation of accountants in public and private businesses. Banks, credit card agencies and mortgage lenders are...
- XBRL: Not Just for Public Companies. Quinlan, Patrick // CPA Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p14
The article offers information on how the Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) could help companies revolutionalize financial reporting as well as cut cost, increase efficiency and ensure accurate and reliable reports. Aside from allowing accounting data to be tagged and easily...
- REA and XBRL GL: Synergies for the 21st Century Business Reporting System. Amrhein, Denise G.; Farewell, Stephanie; Pinsker, Robert // International Journal of Digital Accounting Research;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p127
Incorporating an instance document example, we suggest a framework linking the Resource-Event-Agent (REA) model and eXtensible Business Reporting Language Global Ledger (XBRL GL) as a way to extend the generalized XBRL GL taxonomy. Using the REA semantic model to extend the existing XBRL GL...
- AIS in an Age of Big Data. Moffitt, Kevin C.; Vasarhelyi, Miklos A. // Journal of Information Systems;Fall2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the accounting Information systems impact on the Big Data and mentions several topics including the examining the dashboards, less usage of eXtensible Business Reporting Language and the information system complexity analysis.
- Business and IT working together. Hucklesby, Mark // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p12
This article focuses on the author's views on the 11th International XBRL Conference held in Boston in April 2005. There were participants from all members of the business reporting chain--accountants, regulators, software vendors, analysts and preparers were all represented. Although a number...
- Editorial. Raju, P. K.; Sankar, Chetan S. // Journal of STEM Education: Innovations & Research;Jan-Jun2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1/2, p4
Focuses on the issues related to the use of the electronic system in education. Description of the Extensible Business Reporting Language, a non-proprietary, computer language; Details on the teaching methodology for collaborative problem solving; Concept of problem-based learning.
- XBRL, FINANCIAL REPORTING, AND AUDITING. Shin, Ryan Youngwon; Warner, Paul D.; Smith, L. Murphy // CPA Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p61
Provides information on the Extensible business reporting language (XBRL) for financial reporting and auditing of business enterprises in the U.S. Function of XBRL in the Internet; Discussion on the use of Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system; Advantages from using XBRL.
- SEC Urges Funds to Use XBRL Coding. Madhur, Smita // Money Management Executive;5/2/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p18
The article reports that the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) is using Microsoft Corp.'s eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) to report key financial information. The SEC has urged mutual funds to utilize XBRL as it enables documents to be filed on EDGAR in a uniform manner....
- Study on Rational Application of eXtensible Business Reporting Language. Hongming Chen; Wenchuan Sun // Journal of Software (1796217X);Feb2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p257
Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) has developed rapidly since its birth as one of accounting information processing standards and the latest technology. The governmental departments (including finance, taxation, business and other institutions), listed companies, famous software...