Why Is XBRL So Hard?
- XBRL GROWS Up. deFelice, Alexandra // Accounting Technology;Mar2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p29
The article discusses the importance of using XML-based extensible business reporting language (XBRL) in accounting. It has set greater ease of financial reporting in the daily operation of accountants in public and private businesses. Banks, credit card agencies and mortgage lenders are...
- iXBRL DIRECTORY. // Accountancy;Dec2012, Vol. 149 Issue 1432, p38
A directory is presented for companies that offer iXBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) services in Great Britain.
- XBRL: Not Just for Public Companies. Quinlan, Patrick // CPA Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p14
The article offers information on how the Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) could help companies revolutionalize financial reporting as well as cut cost, increase efficiency and ensure accurate and reliable reports. Aside from allowing accounting data to be tagged and easily...
- REA and XBRL GL: Synergies for the 21st Century Business Reporting System. Amrhein, Denise G.; Farewell, Stephanie; Pinsker, Robert // International Journal of Digital Accounting Research;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p127
Incorporating an instance document example, we suggest a framework linking the Resource-Event-Agent (REA) model and eXtensible Business Reporting Language Global Ledger (XBRL GL) as a way to extend the generalized XBRL GL taxonomy. Using the REA semantic model to extend the existing XBRL GL...
- AIS in an Age of Big Data. Moffitt, Kevin C.; Vasarhelyi, Miklos A. // Journal of Information Systems;Fall2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the accounting Information systems impact on the Big Data and mentions several topics including the examining the dashboards, less usage of eXtensible Business Reporting Language and the information system complexity analysis.
- An Integrative Review and Synthesis of XBRL Research in Academic Journals. Perdana, Arif; Robb, Alastair; Rohde, Fiona // Journal of Information Systems;Spring2015, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p115
Extensible business reporting language (XBRL) was developed from an established markup computer language (eXtensible Markup Language, XML). XBRL facilitates data and information exchange between different information systems (IS). This important feature has attracted much research since the...
- Retrieving Financial Information in XBRL. Jianing Fang // CPA Journal;Nov2014, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p60
The article discusses the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) conversion rule of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) from the old system of Electronic Data Gathering Analysis and Retrieval (Edgar) to the next-generation Interactive Data Electronic Applications (IDEA) system....
- Editorial. Raju, P. K.; Sankar, Chetan S. // Journal of STEM Education: Innovations & Research;Jan-Jun2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1/2, p4
Focuses on the issues related to the use of the electronic system in education. Description of the Extensible Business Reporting Language, a non-proprietary, computer language; Details on the teaching methodology for collaborative problem solving; Concept of problem-based learning.
- Business and IT working together. Hucklesby, Mark // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p12
This article focuses on the author's views on the 11th International XBRL Conference held in Boston in April 2005. There were participants from all members of the business reporting chain--accountants, regulators, software vendors, analysts and preparers were all represented. Although a number...