June Construction Spending Down 0.3% to $985.2B
- BMF CONFERENCE: BUSINESS SESSIONS. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jun2004 Supp BMF, p5
The article presents proceedings of BMF Conference 2004, which is being held in Hotel Torrequebrada, Benalmadena in Spain. On Friday June 11 morning BMF National President John Hauxwell will welcome delegates to the Conference and looks forward to what the two days are likely to offer. At,...
- The Economic Recovery - Construction Forecast. Kopp, Edward M. // Cost Engineering;Jan2009, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p15
The article provides an industry forecast for the U.S. construction industry considering that the economic recovery is at hand. It predicts that the recovery of the residential sector may take a year or two based on past housing market cycles. It also anticipates a strong demand for steel,...
- Construction gains continue. // International Construction;Nov2006, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that a moderate growth has been registered by the Australian construction industry in September 2006. According to the latest report by The Australian Industry Group (Ai Group), Housing Industry Association Performance of Construction Index, activity increased by 7.5 points...
- Untitled. // Contract Journal;8/20/2008, Vol. 444 Issue 6689, p35
The article presents news briefs from the construction industry in Great Britain. The value of residential building land has dropped 20% in the first six months of 2008 and could still fall by up to 50%. The New Homes Marketing Board wants a national Home Deposit Savings Scheme with Â£5,000...
- Construction Tops Trillion-Dollar Mark Again. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/20/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 11, p26
The article reports that in the U.S. the total construction put-in-place has jumped 9% last year, following an 11% gain for 2004, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce. Last year's near double-digit growth helped construction top the trillion-dollar mark for the second year in a row with...
- Las Vegas Home Builders. Upson, Deana // Las Vegas Business Press;3/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p12
Lists the top home-builders in Las Vegas, Nevada, as ranked by number of home closings in 2002. Number of local employees; Market share; Major projects; Top local executives.
- Top ranks: Residential builders. Carbonaro, Maria J. // Business Journal (Central New York);01/01/2000 Book of Lists 2000, p72
Ranks the top residential builders in Central New York State based on number of housing starts in 1999. Includes Oot Brothers Inc.; JMG Custom Homes; Kenwood Homes Inc.; Linbrook Homes Inc.
- Stay of execution for twin tracking. Barnard, Lucy // Estates Gazette;2/15/2003, Issue 307, p36
Reports on the decision of the British government to delay the prohibition of twin tracking due to the urgent need for the construction of more residential properties as of February 15, 2003. Reason for the developers' inclination to twin tracking; Significance of twin tracking in the...
- CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p42
Presents a chart depicting construction activity in residential real estate in Indiana.