N.Y. Leaders Craft $23B Spending Bill
- N.Y.C. Won't Contest MAC Injunction. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p1
No abstract available.
- N.Y. judge Wants MAC Papers Today. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p1
Reports that New York officials have been asked by a state Supreme Court justice to file legal papers in relation to a controversial deal to refinance a portion of Municipal Assistance Corp.'s debt. Objective of the judge's order; Criticism of the order by the officials.
- Utah Agency Selling Lease Debt for New Buildings, Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p3
Reports on the sale of revenue and refunding bonds by the Utah State Building Ownership Authority. Use of the proceeds for the construction of buildings for local entities; Underwriters of the deal; Appropriation of the debt service by the Legislature.
- N.Y. Legislature Has No Plans to Clarify MAC-Bill Language. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p1
Reports on the decision of the New York state legislature not to intervene in the battle over the Municipal Assistance Corp. (MAC) refinancing by passing clean-up legislation that would undercut Governor George E. Pataki's case against the deal New York City is trying to sell. Subjection of...
- Congress Likely to Tackle Extending Internet Tax Ban in Lame Duck Session. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p5
Reports on the likely deliberation of the Internet tax ban legislation in the U.S. Congress. Solicitation of funds to increase state and local tax revenues by establishing a foundation for a new national sales tax; Use of tax-collection system to generate funds from online sales; Impact of the...
- Florida Legislature Slashes $512M From State Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32836, p4
The article reports on the decision of the Florida Legislature to cut $512 million out of the state budget on March 12, 2008. According to Gov. Charlie Crist, he would sign the bill despite the fact the largest budget reduction of $350 million will be taken from public school budgets. The move...
- Think the state's awash in cash? Think again. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p12A
The article reflects upon the need for the State Legislature of Indiana to begin formulating a two-year budget when it reconvenes on January 8, 2007. There appears to be a philosophical divide between legislators and the government, lawmakers view the budget as an end while the government sees...
- N.Y.C. Hopes to Satisfy an Eager Market With $2.6B MAC Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on New York City's refinancing of Municipal Assistance Corp.'s debt. Bond market rally; Tax-exempt bond supply.
- N.Y. STAR Corp. Prepares to Refinance $2.5B of MAC Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p44
Reports that Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. will begin refinancing in Municipal Assistance Corp. debt in New York City. Sale of bonds in different series; Efforts of city officials for the acquisition of updated ratings for the proposed state sales tax-backed STAR Corp. credit;...