- California Governor's Lottery Plan Under Attack as Revenues Languish. // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p5
The article reports that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's lottery bond proposal is being criticized in California. Faced with decreasing revenue projections for 2009, Schwarzenegger proposed to raise $15 billion over three years through lottery securitization. The California Legislative...
- Calif. Democrats, Schwarzenegger Tilt Over Local Funding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p36
Reports on the resumption of the California budget negotiations after Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger returns from Austria. Cause of the delay in the budget for the fiscal year 2004; Deal between the governor and cities in the state; Statement of H.D. Palmer, the governor's budget spokesman,...
- New Plans for California. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the plans of Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzeneger in his first 100 days in office in San Francisco, California. Administration for the rebuild of economy; Indication for the audit of the state budget; Provision of report to the governor-elect.
- Schwarzenegger Wants to Shut Off Power Financing Agency. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p40
Focuses on the plan of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to close the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Function of the public agency; Value of debt issued by the authority motivating the governor's decision; Opposition of Treasurer Phil Angelides.
- California Lottery Lags. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p1
The article reports on the decreased rate of revenues from lotteries in California. Critics disagreed on Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan to plug the state's budget gap through an issuance of bonds against future lottery revenue. He proposed to raise $15 billion through a lottery...
- Caltrans' Chief Named. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p35
Reports on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenneger's appointment of Will Kempton as director for the California Department of Transportation. Career background of Kempton; Duties.
- Schwarzenegger vows to fight for remaining piece of recovery plan. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/12/2003, Issue 323177, p3
Reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has ordered a hiring freeze for state agencies, prohibiting any state department from filling vacancies, except within the courts or within lawmaker's offices at the state Capitol. Notice received by employees with some state agencies that...
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p59
Comments on several Propositions in California and their impact on the public finance policies of state Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Defeat of Proposition 56 and its effect on Schwarzenegger's efforts to close a projected 2004-05 budget deficit; Victories on Propositions 57 and 58...
- Sizing Up California's New Derivatives Market. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved a bill that legalize the use of derivatives and hedges on California general obligation bonds. The move opens door to the realm of public finance business in California. According to some officials, growth in the...