WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?: IMAGES OF JESUS
- When the gospel goes to the dogs. Husted, Heidi // Christian Century;08/16/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 23, p829
No abstract available.
- Jesus up close. Jensen, Robin M. // Christian Century;9/20/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 19, p26
Probes into the true image of Jesus Christ. Efforts of religious groups and leaders to illustrate Jesus Christ's appearance; Questions of accuracy in the visual representation of Jesus; Description of the representations of Christ from the third and fourth centuries; References to several Bible...
- Rambo Jesus. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;5/4/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p47
Discusses the emergence of a martial and macho concept of Jesus Christ as evidenced in the U.S. military actions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Description of the warrior image of Christ; Threat posed by the emergence of a warrior image of Christ.
- IS PROPHETIC WITNESS THE APPROPRIATE MODE OF PUBLIC DISCOURSE ON THE GLOBAL ECONOMY? Masango, Maake J. // Hervormde Teologiese Studies;2010, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p1
This article critically addressed various aspects of prophetic ministry and its impact on public life, especially within the context of the global village. Prophetic ministry was shaped by Jesus' prophetic role in his own ministry, which was portrayed in language by Luke, who wrote that Jesus...
- GOD'S FLESHY BABY PLAN. Everts, Don // Ignite Your Faith;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p36
The article focuses on the invisibility of God. He sent His son Jesus Christ in a way to reveal himself. According to Paul, one of Jesus' apostles, Jesus is the image of the invisible God and all of the fullness of God dwelt in Jesus. Every decision Jesus made tells about God, including His...
- From Imago Dei to Missio Dei: An Art Experience as Invitation to Spiritual Transformation. Pouteaux, Preston Walter // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2012, preceding p1
Jesus told stories and weaved together metaphors that called his followers and detractors to consider their place in the Kingdom of God. Today church leaders are challenged to engage the theological imagination in order to inspire people to see themselves as participants in the mission of God....
- The Gospel and the Achievement of the Cross. Chan, Mark L. Y. // Evangelical Review of Theology;Jan2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p19
The author offers his views pertaining to the relations of the cross of Jesus Christ to the Christian discipleship, ethics and missions. He elaborates on the significance of cross as a symbol of salvation from the biblical perspectives. The author also relates the meaning of the Christ's...
- Liebende Selbsthingabe Als Anfanghafter Glaube? Antwort An Thomas Gerold. Jaeger, Lydia // European Journal of Theology;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p107
In his article 'Liebende Selbsthingabe als anfanghafter Glaube? Ãœberlegungen zur Heilschance fÃ¼r den Nichtchristen' (European Journal of Theology XVI, 2007, pp. 5-12), Gerold defends the thesis that loving self-offering could be interpreted as an incipient faith in Christ and thereby...
- EDITORIAL. Reddie, Anthony // Black Theology: An International Journal;Jan2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p7
Introduces several articles about the values, actions, intent and image of Jesus Christ.