WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?: IMAGES OF JESUS
- Jesus up close. Jensen, Robin M. // Christian Century;9/20/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 19, p26
Probes into the true image of Jesus Christ. Efforts of religious groups and leaders to illustrate Jesus Christ's appearance; Questions of accuracy in the visual representation of Jesus; Description of the representations of Christ from the third and fourth centuries; References to several Bible...
- When the gospel goes to the dogs. Husted, Heidi // Christian Century;08/16/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 23, p829
No abstract available.
- IS PROPHETIC WITNESS THE APPROPRIATE MODE OF PUBLIC DISCOURSE ON THE GLOBAL ECONOMY? Masango, Maake J. // Hervormde Teologiese Studies;2010, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p1
This article critically addressed various aspects of prophetic ministry and its impact on public life, especially within the context of the global village. Prophetic ministry was shaped by Jesus' prophetic role in his own ministry, which was portrayed in language by Luke, who wrote that Jesus...
- Rambo Jesus. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;5/4/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p47
Discusses the emergence of a martial and macho concept of Jesus Christ as evidenced in the U.S. military actions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Description of the warrior image of Christ; Threat posed by the emergence of a warrior image of Christ.
- GOD'S FLESHY BABY PLAN. Everts, Don // Ignite Your Faith;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p36
The article focuses on the invisibility of God. He sent His son Jesus Christ in a way to reveal himself. According to Paul, one of Jesus' apostles, Jesus is the image of the invisible God and all of the fullness of God dwelt in Jesus. Every decision Jesus made tells about God, including His...
- The Gospel and the Achievement of the Cross. Chan, Mark L. Y. // Evangelical Review of Theology;Jan2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p19
The author offers his views pertaining to the relations of the cross of Jesus Christ to the Christian discipleship, ethics and missions. He elaborates on the significance of cross as a symbol of salvation from the biblical perspectives. The author also relates the meaning of the Christ's...
- Liebende Selbsthingabe Als Anfanghafter Glaube? Antwort An Thomas Gerold. Jaeger, Lydia // European Journal of Theology;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p107
In his article 'Liebende Selbsthingabe als anfanghafter Glaube? Überlegungen zur Heilschance für den Nichtchristen' (European Journal of Theology XVI, 2007, pp. 5-12), Gerold defends the thesis that loving self-offering could be interpreted as an incipient faith in Christ and thereby salvific....
- EDITORIAL. Reddie, Anthony // Black Theology: An International Journal;Jan2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p7
Introduces several articles about the values, actions, intent and image of Jesus Christ.
- OUR UNITY IN FAITH. de Letter, P. // Theological Studies;Sep77, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p526
Explains the real objective unity that exists among Christian believers of Jesus Christ, Son of God made man to be the Savior. Basis of the Christian belief; Doctrinal principles; Basic unity of faith in different Christian confessions; Doctrinal differences; Doctrinal and theological dialogue.