Comcast Dismayed by Modem 'Bill of Rights'
- Cable slowly starts to fill voice void. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;7/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p24
Reports the business status of the telecommunication service providers. Plan of cable companies on the problem of telecommunication companies; Cost of investing in carrier-grade voice; Effect of the issue in the business market.
- Horses for courses. Armitage, Joss // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 328, p14
Reports the struggle of the television cable industry. Decision to incur the expense of increasing bandwidth; Market factors of cable operators; Management of triple-play networks.
- DBS, Consumer Group Pan NCTA Dereg Move. // Multichannel News;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p83
Reports on the plea of the cable industry to the federal government to change its regulation of the industry in the United States. Criticism of the consumer advocate to the plea; Comment on the dominance of the industry in the pay-television market.
- With eye on telephony, cable turns other cheek. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;11/27/95, Vol. 125 Issue 48, p14
Reports on the American cable television industry's continued support for telecommunications legislation despite speculations that the industry is losing ground on the issues of rate deregulation, cable/telephone company buyout rules and video dialtone. Industry's willingness to absorb the...
- Access Still Tops Cable's Legislative Agenda. Estrella, Joe; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p18
Reports the prioritization of open access legislation for the 2001 legislative agenda in the United States. Accounts on the bid to force AT&T to provide access to cable network in Henrico County; Impact of open access rules on cable operators; Proposal to allow the state Public Utilities...
- Jersey Bills Back OVS and Munis. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p76
Focuses on the bills that enable municipal to overbuilds and trim the term for renewals for entrenched cable operators in New Jersey. Calls for comment on the bill; Conditions for municipalities to move into cable business; Referral of bills to the senate commerce committee.
- 'DTA' MEANS 100-PLUS MORE LINEAR HD CHANNELS. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;7/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p20
The article focuses on the Digital Terminal Adapter (DTA). DTA is a cable-specific low-cost gizmo which is attached to the back of an analog TV (television). Its work which is to free up bandwidth for more HD channels and ethnic programming primarily comes from Comcast. Its price for cable...
- Roberts: Keep On Innovating. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p8
Deals with the participation of Comcast Corp. CEO Brian Roberts in the "National Show" general session audience in April 2005. Comments on video and data business of cable operators; Threats posed by telephone companies to the cable television industry; Importance of advanced-technology systems...
- Stringing the last mile. Tamanna // Telecom Asia;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p11
Reports the competition of installing cables to provide Net access into households in India. List of the top five players in the market; Number of subscribers to cable services; Idea of unleashing bandwidth.