GM, IBM Ink Interactive Ad Deals With A&E
- Historic Broadband Ad Steps. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p9A
Talks about the move of A&E Networks into interactive TV, video-on-demand (VOD) marketplace according to company vice president of interactive advertisement sales Bill Jennings. Advertisement of General Motors Corp. at the opening and closing of a number of programs available on the free...
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;02/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p12
Presents information on cable television-related issues in the Unite States. Promotion of Ron Schneier as executive vice president of sales at A&E Networks; Strategic alliance between Turner Broadcasting System and Royal Philips Electronics; Agreement between Time Warner Cable and MediaOne.
- Sponsors Mob A&E's 'Sopranos'. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;9/11/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1A
The article focuses on the signing of Ford Motor Co., the Sonic restaurant chain and Paramount Pictures as sponsors of the mobster HBO show The Sopranos, the basic-cable rights of which had been acquired by The A&E cable network for $2.5 million per episode. While advertising buyers in 2006...
- A&E. Neuborne, Ellen // Adweek Midwest Edition;11/4/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 44, pIQ4
Focuses on the Internet advertising efforts of A&E. Features of the advertisements; Significance of personalization to the company; Design of the company's Web site.
- VOD Strikes America. // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p50
Presents a list of cable programmers' expanding video-on-demand lineups. A&E Networks; BBC America; Discovery Channel.
- 4th-Qtr. Scatter: Half Empty or Full. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;11/1/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p4
Deals with the scatter advertising marketplace for the U.S. television broadcast and cable networks for the fourth quarter of 2004. Factors that led to the reluctance of advertisers to spend money in the marketplace; Overview of advertisers that are taking advantage of moderate prices in...
- PRESIDENTIAL PROSPERITY. Francis, Bob // Brandweek;04/03/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 14, pR10
Focuses on the award received by A&E Network company and advertising agency Promotion Development Group on the promotion of its first original motion picture `The Crossing.' Amount allocated by the company on its promotion; Details on the promotional campaign of the film.
- 'Biography' Opts for Star Power. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;8/11/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p3
Reports that cable channel A&E Network executives have launched a marketing campaign for its television series 'Biography' after the improvement in ratings of the series as of August 11, 2003. Role of photographer Annie Leibovitz in the promotional campaign launched by the cable network;...
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 37, p6
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting and cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 13, 2004. Expected increase in the spot television revenues in 2006; Number of satellites which DirecTV plans to launch by 2007; Promotion of Abbe Raven as president of A&E Television...