Trio of Factors Pressure LMI Stock
- Money: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/7/2004, Vol. 386 Issue 43, p12
This article presents information related to events from the media industry. Liberty Media International Inc. (LMI) has repurchased 3 million shares of its Series A common stock from Comcast Corp.'s Comcast QVC unit for about $128 million in cash. After LMI was spun off from Liberty Media in...
- LIBERTY SPINOFF FLAT. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/9/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 46, p5
Reports on the effect of the Liberty Media Intl. Inc. (LMI) spinoff on the parent company's share price. Move of Liberty to spin off stock vehicle in the form of new financial holding company LMI; Receipt of one share of LMI. for every 20 shares of Liberty Media by shareholders; Plans of LMI to...
- Another Liberty Stock Hits the Street. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/14/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p40
Reports on the low stock trading performance of Liberty Media International (LMI) and its parent, Liberty Media Corp., on their first trading day in the U.S. in June 2004. Trading values received by both companies; Opinion of analysts on the spun off LMI; Ways to invest with John Malone,...
- Liberty takes stakes, all over. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 14, p36
Reports that Liberty Media International Inc. has purchased stocks of different United States companies.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p54
Presents updates on industry stocks in the U.S. as of December 6, 2004. Increase in shares of Liberty Media International; Buy rating and price target of Telewest Global Inc.; List of closing prices.
- Separating Winners from Losers: Composite Indicators Based on Fundamentals in the European Context. AMOR-TAPIA, Borja; TASCÓN, María T. // Finance a Uver: Czech Journal of Economics & Finance;2016, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p70
Our work tests the usefulness of score measures based on fundamental signals in an out-of- sample study during the past two decades. While previous research, primarily focused on the US, demonstrates that fundamental signals derived from financial statements allow for future abnormal stock...
- Forget Raising Capital; Block Trades Rule. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/24/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p7
The article discusses issues related to practice of block trading in the field of securities underwriting. As underwriting struggles to make a comeback, a bigger portion of what is considered underwriting for league- table purposes has nothing to do with raising capital. In block trades,...
- Bringing Back the Block. Scotti, Michael // Traders Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 254, p34
The article reports on the resurgence of manual block trading in the United States despite the popularity of algorithms. Bulge bracket shops appear more inclined to put their capital on the line to win back the higher margin block business. The article discusses how brokers have been using their...
- Liquidnet To Trade Canadian Equities. Jaworski, Alexa // Securities Industry News;7/24/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p12
Reports on the approval received by block trading platform Liquidnet from the Ontario Securities Commission to trade Canadian equities. Significance of the approval to Liquidnet; Remarks of Liquidnet Canada managing director Robert Young on the Canadian equities; Goal of Liquidnet.