Comcast Pitches Bay on Upgrade
- Comcast Chomps Churn. // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p54
Reports on the campaign of Comcast Corp. to maximize awareness and regular usage of its video-on-demand content as of July 2005. Marketing strategy used by Comcast; Increase in usage of on-demand content from June to December 2004; Rate of increase in on-demand revenue per digital-cable...
- PACKAGING POWER. Umstead, R. Thomas; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p1
Reports that television cable network Comcast Corp. is planning to transform its content portfolio as of August 2005. Use of sports programming to upsell the channel; Explanation on employing leverage with distributors; Cost spent by Comcast for acquiring rights to the National Hockey League.
- Zooming in on the ad picture. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;12/7/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 41, p4
The author reports that media company NBC Universal is more dependent upon advertising than cable company Comcast Corp. Revenue statistics are compared for the two companies. The author suggests that Comcast will probably use a network revenue model for NBC that will boost broadcast advertising...
- Nashville Is in Tune With the Times. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;3/24/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the television (TV) broadcasting sector in Nashville, Tennessee as of March 2014. The TV market in the city has offered several newscasts at 4 in the morning, and the stations are planning to offer early morning news programs on weekends as well. The main subscription TV...
- Comcast taking stake in MTN regional net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/20/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 12, p21
The article reports that cable operator Comcast Corp. has added another service to its sports operations, purchasing a 50% stake in the MountainWest Sports Network (MTN) in the United States. The Salt Lake City, Utah, cable system owned by Comcast will carry the MTN on its expanded-basic service...
- Comcast gives channels to Magic Johnson, Diddy. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;2/22/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p10
The article reports that four minority-owned television networks will be launched by Comcast Corp. which include the Aspire network to be led by former basketball player Magic Johnson, Revolt station proposed by Sean Diddy Combs, and BabyFirst Americas.
- Comcast Drops Guide From 11 N.J. Systems. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p14
Reports the elimination of the cable television print program guides of Comcast Corp. in Jersey City, New Jersey. Reason for the elimination of the print guides; Overview on the publication of the print guides; Replacement with the electronic programming guides of Gemstar-TV Guide International...
- Operators Sprinkle Hispanic Packages With Foreign Nets. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p7
Reports that Comcast will launch another Hispanic package with more Spanish-language networks from abroad. Television programs to be added in the network's Hispanic package; Criteria set by network aggregator Condista for the network it chooses; Increase in launches of Spanish package of...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.