WorldGate's Videophone a Tool for Deaf
- WorldGate gets tech mojo for 'Ojo' // CED;Jan2004, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the partnership between WorldGate Communications Inc. and Mototech Inc. for the former's forthcoming broadband videophone. Integration of the elements of GIPS SoundWare suite; Move by the company to refocus its efforts on video telephony; Benefits of a private placement with...
- Videophones Get Broadband Upgrade. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/17/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p32
During the 2004 National Cable and Telecommunications Association show in New Orleans, Motorola and WorldGate Communications announced an exclusive multi-year agreement for the development and distribution of WorldGates's Ojo personal video phone, which combines voice-over-Internet-protocol...
- Smile You're on Ojo! Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p11
Reports that WorldGate Communications Inc. has been developing Ojo, a way to deliver high-quality video using the public Internet. Comment of WorldGate Communication CEO Hal Krisbergh regarding quality of the video telephony; Plan of Comcast to integrate the Ojo product into its high-speed data...
- FIRST TAKE ON THE THIRD SCREEN. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p38
Presents a comparison of mobile video services from Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel Corp. and offers information on the services' quality and features.
- Ojo videophone. Gaughn, Michael // Sound & Vision;Dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p100
Evaluates the Ojo video telephone from Motorola. Price of the electronic apparatus; Features; Pros and cons.
- EARLY ADOPTER. Adams, Eric // Popular Science;Aug2004, Vol. 265 Issue 2, p76
Evaluates the WorldGate Ojo videophone from Motorola. Price; Features; Pros and cons.
- EUROPE WELCOMES THE VIDEO PHONE. Sullivan, Therese // Design News;3/22/93, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p92
Focuses on efforts of European countries to integrate their public telecommunications networks, like digital-transmission videotelephony, in corporate environments. Coding/decoding circuitry (CODEC) of the videotelephone; Companies participating in the second phase of the European Videophone...
- Solving 3G video corruption issues. // Telecom Asia;Nov2004, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p35
The article reports that Dilithium Networks' new DTG 200 carrier-class multimedia gateway is designed to resolve the problem of video corruption between the Internet Protocol and 3G networks. It incorporates Dilithium Networks' Video Refresh, a patent-pending technology that minimizes the...
- WorldGate Eyes Videophone's Future. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p28
Features the Ojo video telephone from Worldgate Communications Corp. Television programs where the product has been featured; Remarks from company CEO Hal Krisbergh regarding the use of the product in some television shows; Product price.