This Just In
- Television service providers in the Tucson area. Yager, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;08/09/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p16
Presents a chart related to top eight television service providers in Tucson, Arizona ranked by number of subscribers.
- Top cable companies in New York City. Cullen, Jennifer Felser; Bouillon, Nathalie // Crain's New York Business;1997 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 53, p27
Presents a list of the top cable television companies in New York City, ranked by the number of subscribers in 1996.
- FCC Grants EAS Waivers to Small Ops. Enrich, David // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p43
Focuses on the rule set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for small cable operators in participating the national Emergency Alert System (EAS) in the U.S. Complaints of the small operators on the technological upgrades set by FCC; Date for the extension of the deadline; Companies...
- Cable One Swap Hits Pothole in Calif. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on the alleged problems at the cable system of Cable One Inc. in California. Impact of the allegations on the plans to swap cable subscribers to AT&T Broadband; Need for Cable One to address the claims on electrical codes violations; Inspection of the cable systems of the company; Fines...
- Troubling questions about cable's future. Lafferty // CED;Aug99, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the concerns of cable television industry players regarding the future of the broadband industry. Rebuilding of systems as a top priority; Deployment of cable modems; Support for television-based Internet services; Immediate competitive threat to the system.
- TOP 100 MSOS. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p22A
Presents lists of top 100 cable operators. Consolidation in the cable industry; List of firms; Number of homes served.
- ITV MIDDLEWARE REPORT CARD. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p30A
Presents lists of cable television networks product platforms. List of companies; Major application development platform; Operator partners.
- Cable Connections. Rothman, Warren H.; Barker, Jonathan P. // China Business Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
Reports that the development of broadband technologies has called into question in China the traditional boundaries that separate voice, video and data transmission services. Estimated total value of China's cable television (CATV) equipment market between 1998 and 2002; Focal points of the...
- Broad-based support for broadband services. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p14
Reports on competency of broadband services in delivering high-speed cable internet access and digital cable television in the U.S. Comparison of broadband technologies with digital video discs; Growth strategies to be adopted by broadband; Other technologies emerging in the U.S.