Insight Severs Comcast Pact
- For Insight, VolP's the Next Wave. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p33
Reports on the plan of Insight Communications Co. to introduce a voice-over-Internet protocol telephony service in 2004. Circuit-switched service of Insight in four markets; Estimated circuit-switched customers of Insight; Negotiation between Insight and Comcast concerning their telephony deal.
- Prepping for VOD Advertising. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p20
Focuses on the preparation of Comcast Corp. for the advertising campaign for its video-on-demand (VOD) service. Contract awarded by Comcast and Insight Communications Co. to Rentrak Corp. to help them create VOD usage reports; Negotiation of Comcast with other operators about coming up with a...
- Insight Close to Selling Out. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p3
The article reports on selling Insight Communications. The company transferred half of its television subscribers to Comcast and put the remaining portion of the company in auction wherein the bidding process is confidential and dominated by private-equity companies. Meanwhile, these...
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p35
Presents notes and events in the multichannel communication industry. Recipients of "The 2003 Accolades" of the Women in Cable & Telecommunications; HDnet channels launched by Insight Communications Co.; Carriage-extension agreement between Comcast Corp. and Home Box Office.
- Digital Won't Drain Capital. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p34
Forecasts the decline in capital expenditures of media companies in the U.S. Plans of Comcast Corp. to spend on all-digital conversion; Views of Cox Communications Inc. Chief Financial Executive Jimmy Hayes on all-digital platforms; Information on the digital conversion plans of Insight...
- Rentrak Pursues VOD Deals, May Lose Large Retail Client. Gruenwedel, Erik // Video Store Magazine;11/21/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the broadening of the video-on-demand tracking contracts of Rentrak with Comcast and Insight Communications as of November 2004. Revenue and quarterly income of Rentrak for the third quarter of 2004; Method for surpassing the 50 percent market penetration by the first quarter of 2005...
- Comcast to take over local insight cable operations. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p43
The article reports on the agreement between cable companies Comcast corp. and Insight Communications Co. Inc. that Comcast will take over all of the territory in Indiana now managed by Insight. The transition includes Insight customers from Anderson, Bloomington and Lafayette. Comcast is...
- Splitsville for Comcast-Insight. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 50, p12
The article reports that cable operators Comcast Corp. and Insight Communications Co. have agreed to divide cable systems they have owned in a joint venture. In the transaction, Comcast will get control over cable systems serving Illinois customers and Insight will get its hands on cable systems...
- SUFFERING SECTOR. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the performance of multiple systems operators (MSO) in the U.S. as of August 2004. Number of basic subscribers lost by Comcast Corp.; Customers lost by Insight Communications Co.; Stock prices of the top MSO in the country.