A Q2 Split Decision For Modems, DSL
- Adoption of High-Speed Service Surges in 1st Qtr. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;5/16/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p8
Reports on an increase in subscribers of high-speed Internet for the first quarter of 2005 in the U.S. Number of high-speed Internet subscribers accounted to broadband providers; Percentage of the subscribers accounted to sign-ups for digital subscriber lines (DSL); Factors that contributed to...
- Intermedia serves up national DSL with security. Greene, Tim // Network World;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p41
Introduces Intermedia digital subscriber line (DSL) service designed by Intermedia Communications in Tampa, Florida. Implication of the service for the Internet network system of companies; Target consumers; Features and function of the service; Cost of service installment.
- Regroup, retrench, rethink. // America's Network;7/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p28
Presents information on developments in telecommunications presented at the 2002 Supercomm exhibition in the U.S. Digital subscriber line deployment; Internet protocol networks; Operations support systems.
- Telecom: Roads Not Taken. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;10/25/99, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p59
Deals with the Internet investment of several telecommunication companies. Details on the cable television networks launched by telecommunication companies; Impact of consolidation on cable companies; Information on the deployment of Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technology by telecommunication...
- Road to faster home Internet service still has some bumps. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the drawbacks related to the use of the digital subscriber line (DSL) service for high speed Internet connections in the United States. Limited availability of the service due to the failure of BellSouth to upgrade its lines and handle the DSL signal; Percentage of DSL coverage in...
- DSL WHERE APPLICATIONS ARE KING. Lowe, David // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the provision of advanced telecommunication services through digital subscriber lines (DSL). Differentiation of applications and DSL; Essential applications for DSL; Applications in which DSL is positioned as a gateway.
- DSL ACROSS THE GLOBE. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;3/22/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 6, p30
The number of global digital subscriber lines (DSL) subscribers vaulted to 65 million in 2003, showing only the slightest signs that its momentum is slowing down. Total DSL lines may not be doubling anymore, but global penetration lines have cleared the decimal digit range and the number now...
- IPTV Bypass. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p42
Reports on the influx of the new video service providers in the U.S. Anticipation for the leverage of high-speed pipes from cable and DSL; Competition among service providers; Concerns over the quality of new video services.
- Smart City. Cullen, Patrick // New York;04/26/99, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p54
Provides information on different digital communication systems that can increase the speed of Internet access. Integrated services digital network; Digital subscriber lines; Cable modems; DirectPC, a satellite-based Internet-access service.