- Insight Challenges Terms of Knology Pact. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p22
Reports on competitive disputes between telecommunications firms in two United States cities. Insight Communications Co.'s challenge to the Louisville, Kentucky city council's approval of Knology Inc. to overbuild Insight's system in the city; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's hearings on a proposal...
- Insight taps road runner in Columbus. // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
Reports on Insight Communications Co. Inc.'s signing of an affiliation contract to offer the Road Runner high-speed-data service in Columbus, Ohio. Number of subscribers of the company; Terms of the affiliation.
- MTV2 Cues Up Local Spin for Affiliates. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p34
Presents information on the MTV2 Local 360 initiative launched by Insight Communications in Louisville, Kentucky. Features of the local broadband website of the company; Benefits of the initiative to the company's affiliates; Needs addressed by the initiative.
- Comcast goes on an expansion spree. // CED;May2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the merger activities of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Comcast will purchase Patriot Media & Communications for a net cash investment of $483 million. Patriot offers cable television, high-speed Internet and digital phone services to more than 118,000 homes in New Jersey. The...
- Comcast to take over local insight cable operations. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p43
The article reports on the agreement between cable companies Comcast corp. and Insight Communications Co. Inc. that Comcast will take over all of the territory in Indiana now managed by Insight. The transition includes Insight customers from Anderson, Bloomington and Lafayette. Comcast is...
- Splitsville for Comcast-Insight. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 50, p12
The article reports that cable operators Comcast Corp. and Insight Communications Co. have agreed to divide cable systems they have owned in a joint venture. In the transaction, Comcast will get control over cable systems serving Illinois customers and Insight will get its hands on cable systems...
- Insight Severs Comcast Pact. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the decision of Insight Communications Co. to terminate a management agreement with Comcast Corp. Overview of the contract; Revenue growth of Insight for the quarter of 2004; Number of additional subscribers of Insight.
- Cablers Gear for Tiers. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p21
Cable operators continue battling their digital subscriber line foes, they are delving increasingly into tiered data services to hit a wider target audience. The latest to take a step into tiering is Insight Communications Co., which soft-launched a higher-speed InsightBB.com Plus, May 12 in all...
- Insight Splits Up. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p31
The article reports on the move of Insight Communication Inc. and Comcast Corp. to split their 50-50 Insight Midwest partnership in the U.S. It cites that Comcast has paid about $1.3 billion at closing for its share of the partnership's debt. It reveals that with the move, Insight Communication...