GLOBALIZATION AND COMPARATIVE FAMILY LAW: A DISCUSSION OF PLURALISM, UNIVERSALITY, AND MARKETS
- PERCEPTION OF STATE AND ITS CHANGE IN TURKEY. GÖKÇE, Gülise // Proceedings of the Multidisciplinary Academic Conference;2013, p1
The expectation that the democratization movement experienced in Turkey in recent years caused certain changes in the view and perception with the citizen toward the state is very high. It was very common in the past that the citizen conceptualized or defined the state using symbols including...
- Domestic contention in critical foreign-policy issues: the case of the United States. Vasquez, John A. // International Organization;Autumn85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p643
This article discusses on domestic contention on foreign policy issues related to the U.S. The Vietnam War was the most recent event to stimulate a fundamental rethinking of American foreign policy, thereby setting off a new cycle. The war was a watershed event in changing the beliefs of both...
- IZBOR MJERODAVNOG PRAVA U OBITELJSKIM, STATUSNIM I NASLJEDNIM STVARIMA. Župan, Mirela // Zbornik Pravnog Fakulteta Sveucilista u Rijeci;2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p629
No abstract available.
- Introduction: Practical Applications and Critical Perspectives in International Family Law. Stark, Barbara // Family Law Quarterly;Fall2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p475
This article focuses on practical applications and critical perspectives in international family law. Globalization is transforming family law. As the United Nations notes, families are the primary unit of social organization, and families are changing, trying to adapt to new demands and new...
- This Year's for You! Karpf, Mitchell K. // Family Advocate;Fall2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
In this article the author discusses the impact of financial and economic crisis on the marital life of people in the U.S. and also mentions the activities and meetings of the Families Matter special committee. He observes that the financial condition is challenging for the lawyers and clients....
- INTRODUCCIÃ“N A CIERTAS CUESTIONES DEL DERECHO DE FAMILIA EN LAS SOCIEDADES MULTICULTURALES. BENAYAS, MARÍA JESÚS ELVIRA // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2007, Issue 18, p149
No abstract available.
- Measuring Cohort Role On Husband-Wife Differences In Temporal Behavior. Hornik, Jacob // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p527
Presents a measurement procedure for comparing the responses of husbands and wives to various social issues while also considering one of the group's cohorts. Individual temporal orientation; Statistical procedures for assessing significant differences among the measured distances; Implications...
- The Family and Medical Leave Act. // Congressional Digest;Apr91, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p98
Summarizes the Family and Medical Leave Act now being considered by Congress. It provides up to 12 weeks a year of unpaid leave for childbirth, adoption or serious illness of either the employee or his child, spouse or parent.
- Current State Laws. // Congressional Digest;Apr91, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p106
Compares the current family leave laws of 31 states and the District of Columbia.