MORAL UNIVERSES OF BRAZILIAN TORTURERS
- Derecho de memoria y bÃºsqueda de la verdad: Un estudio comparativo entre Brasil y Uruguay. Sosa González, Ana María; Mazzucchi Ferreira, Maria Leticia // Dialogos (14159945);set-dez2012, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p873
Vindication for the right to memory and the struggle for truth in Latin American countries have been posited recently in the wake of the systematic violence against human rights vis-Ã -vis the dictatorships extant during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Although Uruguay and Brazil had their own...
- Two More Assassinations Rock Serbian Capital. Stojkovic, Dragan // Transitions Online;12/2/2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the double assassination in Belgrade, Yugoslavia in November 2002, which claimed the lives of a police official and of a Bosnian Serb. Background of the victims; Interpretations made by police chiefs from both Yugoslavia and Serbia regarding the event; Impact of the assassination on...
- ApresentaÃ§Ã£o. Priori, Angelo // Dialogos (14159945);2014, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p7
No abstract available.
- THE POTENTIAL FOR CRITICISM IN JOURNALISTIC NARRATIVES ABOUT THE DICTATORIAL PERIOD IN BRAZIL. MAIA, MARTA REGINA; VILELA LELO, THALES // Brazilian Journalism Research;2015, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p122
This paper discusses the critical potential of narratives about the dictatorial period in Brazil (1964-1985), recovered by recent stories of actors involved in events hitherto not themed by journalism. As a methodological north, we seek to seize enunciation devices and forms convening this...
- State and Opposition in Military Brazil (Book). Maxfield, Christopher // Studies in Comparative International Development;Summer86, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p85
Reviews the book 'State and Opposition in Military Brazil,' by Maria Helena Moreira Alves.
- Science Fiction During the Brazilian Dictatorship. Causo, Roberto de Sousa // Extrapolation (Kent State University Press);Winter98, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p314
Describes the writing of science fiction in Brazil during the military dictatorship from 1964 to 1984. Social conditions during the dictatorship; Impact of repression on author Andre Carneiro; Use of science fictional devices in novels and stories in the 1970s to criticize the military; Example...
- ImpressÃµes de 1968: contracultura e identidades. Krüger, Cauê // Acta Scientiarum: Human & Social Sciences;Jul2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p139
No abstract available.
- MÃ©moire et secret: le cas Herzog et les archives de la dictature militaire au BrÃ©sil. Rodrigues, Georgete Medleg // Revista Arhivelor;Dec2008 Supplement, p87
The article discusses archives of documents concerning the military government that ruled Brazil from 1964 to 1985. Topics discussed include: the killing of Brazilian journalist Valdimir Herzog, who was killed in 1975 by the government, freedom of the press, and government policy related to...
- Ekphrastic anxiety and the technological mediation of memory in post-dictatorship narratives from Brazil. King, Edward // Journal of Romance Studies;Dec2013, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p88
This article explores the tensions between text and image in three literary narratives concerned with a reassertion of memory in the face of the 'polÃtica de esquecimento' that has prevailed during the post-dictatorship period. It argues that this tension between text and image, which...