ICFP Organizes Series 65 Waiver Campaign
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p73
This article presents a continuing education examination for certified financial planners in the U.S. as of June 2003.
- Confessions of a Candidate. Thompson, Duane // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
This section presents a personal essay on the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification Examination being administered in the U.S. as of March 2005. Specifically, the author talks about his experience preparing for the examination and describes what his feelings like on the very day he...
- CFP Board Shift: Shorter, Computer-Based Exams This Fall. Coen, Andrew // Financial Planning;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board to shorten its CFP protection exam and transition to a computer-based testing platform, a change that is effective starting November 2014.
- Gaining Recognition. Kulikowski, Laurie // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Provides information on the exemption of investment advisers from the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) examination registration rules in New York. Benefits of the exemption for investment advisers; Other states that exempt CFP licenses; Confusion experienced by soon-to-be CFP regarding the...
- 66% Pass Rate for CFP's First Computer-Based Exam. Din, Suleman // Financial-planning.com;12/16/2014, p9
The article offers information on the first computer-based exam of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board which attracted over 2,100 applicants. Topics discussed include the benefits provided by the computer-based exam, the biggest improvement as a result of the format change, and the...
- Continuing Education Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p101
This article presents an examination paper about financial planning that an aspiring financial planner can attempt. To receive the 3 hours of continuing education credit allotted for this examination, one must receive a passing grade of 75 percent or better (23 our of 33 questions). Partial...
- CFP Board Celebrates 30th Anniversary. Rojeck, Rich // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the development of Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification program by CFP Board in pursuit of competent personal financial planning. As a designation for personal financial advice providers, the certification allows financial planning to achieve broad industry and...
- ICFP in the States. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p11
Presents updates on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) in the United States in September 1999. Survey on which state plans to adopt a competency examination and waivers for investment adviser representatives; Proposal to require financial planning firms and others with a...
- The right answers can save you a bundle. // Nation's Business;Apr96, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p67
Presents a quiz about taxes supplied by the Institute of Certified Financial Planners.