ICFP to be Included in Broker/Dealer Dialogue, Levitt Says
- ICFP in the States. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p11
Presents updates on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) in the United States in September 1999. Survey on which state plans to adopt a competency examination and waivers for investment adviser representatives; Proposal to require financial planning firms and others with a...
- Why Willy Wonka Closed the Chocolate Factory. Walker, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p46
The article focuses on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners' Retreat 1997, which took place in Hershey, Pennsylvania. At the Retreat, one of the exhibitors was an oil company, a sponsor of oil and gas drilling ventures. There were times that the wholesaler looked a little lonely...
- TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p17
Discusses how continuing education for financial planners was a big theme way back in 1987 at the Institute of Certified Financial Planners. Date of effectivity of the continuing education standards; Information services for the standards.
- CFP Masters Retreat A Return to Early Tradition. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p72
This article reports on the CFP Master Retreat Held by the Institute of Certified Financial Planners from October 15 to 18, 1998 in Tampa, Florida. The event revived the smaller size and more directed approach to retreats that were held in the institute's early years. Recognizing a need for a...
- Fin'l planning groups push changes for inv. advisers. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/11/96, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
Reports that the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP), the International Association of Financial Planning, and the National Association for Personal Financial Advisors have joined forces to support language drafted by the ICFP that would amend the 1940 Investment Advisors Act.
- Local Motion. Phipps, Melissa // Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p47
No abstract available.
- Rules & REGULATIONS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1996, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p88
Along with a push toward greater uniformity insecurities regulation, the debate over what's broke and what isn't has spurred debate among the "big four" financial planning organizations over what rote future regulation should play in the profession. Following the introduction of Congressman Jack...
- ICFP Organizes Series 65 Waiver Campaign. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p73
This article reports on the efforts of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners Government Relations Department to distribute information kits to societies in preparation for a new competency exam that will be adopted in 1999 by many state securities regulators in the U.S. The new Series 65...
- Yes to public execution. Vinzant, Carol // Fortune;2/21/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p318
Discusses the execution quality of various brokerages, in light of comments made by the chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Arthur Levitt. Statistics on price executions, including the number of trades above and below the nationally posted price of stocks;...