Ten Questions About High-Yield Bonds
- Hold 'Em Or Fold 'Em? Iyer, Savita // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/14/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 24, p12
Discusses uncertainty among investors about what to do with CCC-rated bonds. Outflows experienced by the junk market; Belief by certain market players that CCC-rated bonds are more resilient to market volatility; Prospects for BB-rated bonds; Availability of a credit-specific approach that...
- HIGH YIELD GAINERS & LOSERS. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p7
Presents a chart of high yield bonds with biggest gains and losses in the United States as of June 23, 2004.
- High Yield: Gentrifying Junk. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p11
Reports on market players' concerns over the gentrification process in high-yield markets in the United States. Amount of junk bonds rated CCC or below in 2003; Amount of new issues priced as of July 14, 2003; Concerns about the upcoming debt refinancing in the market.
- Are There Legs to This Junk Bond Rally? Laughlin, Kate // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/1/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 17, p12
The article reports on the high-yield bonds that create a higher return than in the previous year of 2005 in the U.S. These returns were supplied mainly by the more volatile triple-C and distressed credits. But market players suspect that while high-yield sectors could not be concluded yet, a...
- Canada's Junk Bond Market Hits Growth Spurt. Iyer, Gayatri // High Yield Report;7/19/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p11
The article reports on the slow growth of the junk bond issuance in Canada, according to market watchers. BMO Capital stated that for the first six months of 2010, it increased by 3.5%. It notes on the popularity of the bond deals of Videotron and Corus Entertainment. Institutional investors are...
- ML Master HY Index. // High Yield Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
The article presents a graph representing the performance Merriyl Lynch Master High Yield index during the period of September 8 to November 17, 2004.
- Loan Funds Remain Popular. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/8/2013, p39
The article reports that leveraged loan funds is popular with investors. Leveraged loan funds have taken in a year-to-date total of 14.1 billion dollars with an average weekly inflow of 1 billion dollars. Junk bond funds have taken in a total of 548 million dollars year-to-date with a weekly...
- Revisiting the high-yield bond market. Altman, Edward I. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer1992, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p78
This paper revisits the high-yield junk bond market after over a decade of recent dynamic, controversial and important activity, both to investors and corporate issuers. By the end of 1991, the size of the high-yield debt market had survived and indeed had grown to almost $209 billion. New...
- Henderson's Pattullo warns on high-yield quality. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;5/15/2012, p4
The article offers information on bond fund. It states that Henderson Global Investors manager John Pattullo has said that the quality of new high-yield bond issuance is low, but investors are still buying them even if companies issuing debt have no strong investment cases. Lot of poor...