Ten Questions About High-Yield Bonds
- Hold 'Em Or Fold 'Em? Iyer, Savita // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/14/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 24, p12
Discusses uncertainty among investors about what to do with CCC-rated bonds. Outflows experienced by the junk market; Belief by certain market players that CCC-rated bonds are more resilient to market volatility; Prospects for BB-rated bonds; Availability of a credit-specific approach that...
- HIGH YIELD GAINERS & LOSERS. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p7
Presents a chart of high yield bonds with biggest gains and losses in the United States as of June 23, 2004.
- High Yield: Gentrifying Junk. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p11
Reports on market players' concerns over the gentrification process in high-yield markets in the United States. Amount of junk bonds rated CCC or below in 2003; Amount of new issues priced as of July 14, 2003; Concerns about the upcoming debt refinancing in the market.
- Are There Legs to This Junk Bond Rally? Laughlin, Kate // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/1/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 17, p12
The article reports on the high-yield bonds that create a higher return than in the previous year of 2005 in the U.S. These returns were supplied mainly by the more volatile triple-C and distressed credits. But market players suspect that while high-yield sectors could not be concluded yet, a...
- Bond Buyers Left Bemoaning 13% Returns After Oil's Wild Year. // Investors Business Daily;12/27/2016, p1
The article focuses on Bloomberg Barclays data, which found that energy debt came roaring back to gain 37% in 2016 while major U.S. junk-bond indexes were up 16.9% and 17%. It is noted that investors who embraced the debt saw their bets pay off this year while the new-issue market struggled to...
- Loan Funds Remain Popular. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/8/2013, p39
The article reports that leveraged loan funds is popular with investors. Leveraged loan funds have taken in a year-to-date total of 14.1 billion dollars with an average weekly inflow of 1 billion dollars. Junk bond funds have taken in a total of 548 million dollars year-to-date with a weekly...
- Canada's Junk Bond Market Hits Growth Spurt. Iyer, Gayatri // High Yield Report;7/19/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p11
The article reports on the slow growth of the junk bond issuance in Canada, according to market watchers. BMO Capital stated that for the first six months of 2010, it increased by 3.5%. It notes on the popularity of the bond deals of Videotron and Corus Entertainment. Institutional investors are...
- ML Master HY Index. // High Yield Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
The article presents a graph representing the performance Merriyl Lynch Master High Yield index during the period of September 8 to November 17, 2004.
- Wind's Deal May Not Be A Breeze. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;6/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the impact of the issuance of megabond which is part of the jumbo debt financing, on high yield market in Europe. Total amount of European high yield bonds sold during the month of May 2005; Factors contributing to the decrease in the demand for high yield paper; Role of hedge funds...