The Rubber Meets the Road
- Tracking the Trendy. Horan, Kirby // On Wall Street;Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p79
Provides information on retail registered investment adviser (RIA) firms. Nature of the business operations of retail RIA firms; Definition of the life planning service offered by retail RIA firms; Actions taken by retail RIA firms to extend their wealth management services.
- Planned Giving-- The Missing Link in Financial Planning. Woollen, Thomas H. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;May2005, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p49
Financial planners don't talk much to their clients about planned giving. Yet, colleges, universities, medical facilities, libraries, museums, religious organizations, and the thousands of foundations and other charitable institutions in the United States rely on the charitable nature of their...
- LETTERS to creating wealth. Ireland, Alfred; Thomas, Stafford; Schoeman, Robert; de Klerk, Vic; Jooste, Johan; Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/17/2003, p49
Offers investment and financial planning advice for South Africans. Sources of information about dividend-paying shares listed on the Johanessburg Stock Exchange; Advantages of investing in JCI Convertible Debentures; Description of the Coronation Global Financial Fund.
- Assess the Downside First. Kirschner, James G. // Advisor Today;Sep2010, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p14
The article discusses the need for advisors to consider the downside or the worst scenario when making investment recommendations. An investment must fall under the acceptable risk category of the clients before it is being considered and the advisors' responsibility involves reviewing and...
- How to Choose: A Financial Planner. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2005, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p84
Offers advice on choosing a financial planner. Reasons for hiring a financial planner; Services offered; Selection of candidates; Obtaining referrals; Creation of a shortlist of planners for interview.
- Revolutionizing Advice. Mirchandani, Sanjiv // Investment Advisor;Jan2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p54
The article focuses on the Do-It- Yourself 2.0 model (DIY 2.0) for investment advisors to offer control coupled with scalable advice using a mix of powerful websites and robust online planning tools. It is noted that broker-dealers must increase the efficiency of their infrastructures to enable...
- Chris Gilchrist: What is your investment philosophy? // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/1/2013, p22
In this article, the author expresses his opinion about the need for financial and investment advisers to have a clear and uncomplicated approach in explaining their investment process to their clients. The author believes that investment process should revolve within a financial planning...
- Wheatley must tackle fraud. Liversidge, Neil // Money Marketing;11/7/2013, p41
The author comments on the instances of regulatory action and inaction that he has experienced first hand during the years that he has worked in the investment management industry. He states that most of the scams they came across were more sophisticated and whenever one appeared, they let the...
- Who's Advising You? Lynott, Bill // American Drycleaner (American Trade Magazines LLC (ATM));01/01/2014, p50
The article focuses on the facts to be considered by business owners and professionals while choosing a financial advisor. It is mentioned that a different adviser is need if the adviser is in the insurance business and tries to sell the operation as a whole life insurance policy. It is...
- The whole picture. Cosier, Rick // Money Management;10/6/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p16
Comments on the impact of statistical research on super fund members or financial advisers in Australia. Difference between industry funds and master funds; Terms and conditions of the three different super funds; Benefits of personal divisions of industry fund members for employer divisions.