The Rubber Meets the Road
- Planned Giving-- The Missing Link in Financial Planning. Woollen, Thomas H. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;May2005, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p49
Financial planners don't talk much to their clients about planned giving. Yet, colleges, universities, medical facilities, libraries, museums, religious organizations, and the thousands of foundations and other charitable institutions in the United States rely on the charitable nature of their...
- LETTERS to creating wealth. Ireland, Alfred; Thomas, Stafford; Schoeman, Robert; de Klerk, Vic; Jooste, Johan; Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/17/2003, p49
Offers investment and financial planning advice for South Africans. Sources of information about dividend-paying shares listed on the Johanessburg Stock Exchange; Advantages of investing in JCI Convertible Debentures; Description of the Coronation Global Financial Fund.
- Assess the Downside First. Kirschner, James G. // Advisor Today;Sep2010, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p14
The article discusses the need for advisors to consider the downside or the worst scenario when making investment recommendations. An investment must fall under the acceptable risk category of the clients before it is being considered and the advisors' responsibility involves reviewing and...
- How to Choose: A Financial Planner. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2005, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p84
Offers advice on choosing a financial planner. Reasons for hiring a financial planner; Services offered; Selection of candidates; Obtaining referrals; Creation of a shortlist of planners for interview.
- THE EXPERT: Back to basics. // Marketing Week;6/14/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p57
The article focuses on the significance of a generic financial advice. It is noted that an unhelpful description of what is needed is provided by a generic financial advice. It is stated that many vulnerable people need advice on developing basic financial skills, shopping around to reduce...
- Who's Advising You? Lynott, Bill // American Drycleaner (American Trade Magazines LLC (ATM));01/01/2014, p50
The article focuses on the facts to be considered by business owners and professionals while choosing a financial advisor. It is mentioned that a different adviser is need if the adviser is in the insurance business and tries to sell the operation as a whole life insurance policy. It is...
- Connecting Clients to their Money. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2015, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p32
The author presents tips for financial advisors on connecting clients to their money. Topics discussed include the personal and positional components of money management, the need to understand spending motives and connecting actions with core values, and tips for helping clients uncover their...
- The whole picture. Cosier, Rick // Money Management;10/6/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p16
Comments on the impact of statistical research on super fund members or financial advisers in Australia. Difference between industry funds and master funds; Terms and conditions of the three different super funds; Benefits of personal divisions of industry fund members for employer divisions.
- Tracking the Trendy. Horan, Kirby // On Wall Street;Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p79
Provides information on retail registered investment adviser (RIA) firms. Nature of the business operations of retail RIA firms; Definition of the life planning service offered by retail RIA firms; Actions taken by retail RIA firms to extend their wealth management services.