And the Winner Isâ€¦
- Stocks. // Money;Mar2010, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p113
The article presents statistics on the 2010 percentage of total return on the stock indexes such as the Standard & Poor 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- Spinoff Gets Spot on Index. Wade, Will // American Banker;6/30/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 125, p13
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. added the stock of the mortgage processing company Lender Processing Services Inc. (LPS) to the S&P midcap 400 index. LPS is replacing Radian Group Inc. on the index. The move will be completed when LPS spins off from Fidelity National Information...
- If You Like to Bet Big, Here Come Hot-Rod Index Funds. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;9/7/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p182
Focuses on three United States index-fund families known as hot-rod funds. The funds' use of futures and options to track or to move inversely to indexes like the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index; Their advantages and drawbacks; Details of Rydex Series Trust Funds; Potomac Funds and ProFunds.
- Here's cold comfort. Pethokoukis, James M. // U.S. News & World Report;10/18/99, Vol. 127 Issue 15, p90
Discusses third-quarter 1999 performance of United States mutual funds. Decline of the average Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 index fund; Fund sectors that outperformed the S&P; Contributions to the decline of stock funds, including interest rates; Bond returns.
- Does Indexing Still Work? Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;9/1/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p39
Index mutual funds behave no better, but no worse, than any other mutual fund when the market falls. "Managed funds" are run by stock pickers who make bets on which stocks will do the best. But "index funds" run on autopilot, tracking the rise and fall of a particular market index. If index...
- Pensions & Investments' indexes. // Pensions & Investments;5/17/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p8
The monthly indexes of the periodical "Pensions & Investments," track changes in the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index, Frank Russell Co.'s Russell 3000 stock index, Morgan Stanley Capital International Europe Australasia Far East index, J.P. Morgan Non-U.S. Government bond index and Citigroup...
- Don't count on your broker to save you money. // Medical Economics;1/5/2007, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p21
The article discusses the advantage of purchasing load index fund without a broker in the U.S. A new research by the Zero Alpha Group indicated that personally choosing an equity index funds could save the buyer three times in fees. This is due to the higher operating charges that brokers...
- The ASX's new in-crowd. Rennie, Philip; Murrill, Maureen // BRW;04/07/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p15
Focuses on the importance of index funds in Australia's stockmarket. Share price indexes of the Australian Stock Exchange; Difficulty of determining which stocks are in or out; Popularity of the 200-stock indexes among investors.
- Asia Stocks Well Supported. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/31/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p5
Presents information on the stock exchange markets of several countries in Asia as of January 31, 2005. Hang Seng of Hong Kong; Sensex of India; Taiex of Taiwan.