The public isn't ready for Medicare reform
- Congress looks to commission for a `boomer' Medicare fix. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;08/25/97, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the United States Congress and President Bill Clinton's relegation of the issue of Medicare reform to a bipartisan commission. Impact of reforms on baby boomers; Creation of public forum for discussing Medicare restructuring options.
- Clashing forecasts fuel debate over Medicare, BBA reform. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;07/26/99, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p4
Reports on differing views in the United States Congress on how much President Bill Clinton's Medicare reform plan will cost and save. Views of Democrats on a large tax cut; Estimated Medicare spending increase between 2000 and 2009, according to the US Congressional Budget Office; Comments...
- Capitalizing on Expense Reduction Opportunities for Hospitals. // Orange County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the proposed medicare reform of President George W. Bush in the U.S. Inclusion of prescription drugs coverage to the Medicare system; Assessment of the healthcare service plans; Opposition of the Democrats and Republicans on the proposal.
- MSAs add up: Interest in new benefit on rise. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;2/26/96, Vol. 19 Issue 9, pSR4
Presents information on Medicare reform proposals which would grant tax-free status to cash distributions from medical savings accounts (MSAs). Comments from Thomas Kuhlman, a principal; Information on MSAs.
- HEALTHCARE: Medicare board. fears backlash to reform law' SACO. Millman, Jason // Hill;12/7/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 125, p12
No abstract available.
- An Emerging Medicare Reform Package. Ferman, John H. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p58
Focuses on the provisions of the Medicare reform package emerging from the House Republicans in the U.S. Forecast of sustained federal budget deficits; Demand for non-health-related spending in response to the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Need to provide funding for a Medicare prescription...
- Privatizing Medicare: A battle of values. Cain, Harry P. // Health Affairs;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p181
Opinion. Provides information on Medicare reform, publicizers and privatizers. Debate on Medicare reform; Motives and values of the privatizer and publicizer; Definitions of publicizer and privatizer.
- Mixed messages on managed care. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;7/10/95, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p38
Opinion. Comments on policymakers' plan to reform Medicare. Cross-section of Americans that indicates their satisfaction with managed-care; Need to devise a point-of-service option.
- a line in the sand: the politics of Medicare reform. Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun2003, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p24
Discusses the political aspects of proposed Medicare reforms in the U.S. Possibility of Medicare privatization and a proposal for prescription drugs in 2003; Plans of President Bush for Medicare; Implications on healthcare financial management. INSET: PRESIDENT BUSH'S PLAN FOR MEDICARE.