- Montracon employees praised for fire rescue help. // Commercial Motor;8/23/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5498, p8
The article reports that two Montracon employees were commended by Humberside Fire and Rescue Service (HFRS) after helping firefighters in dealing with a fire at the manufacturer's Market Weighton factory on August 7, 2012 in England.
- Tower block tragedy. // Crisis Response Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the rescue operation performed by firefighters of London Bridge Fire Brigade to the residents of a blazing residential block in Camberwell, London, England.
- The Conference for Leaders. // Fire Chief;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on Fire Rescue International 2004 conference. Schedule; Venue; Exhibitors.
- Night into day: The Edison, New Jersey, gas pipeline explosion. Lamkie, Albert J.; Davis, David // Fire Engineering;May95, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p34
Describes the fire incident involving a Texas Eastern Transmission Corp. gas transmission pipeline in Edison, New Jersey and the subsequent rescue work. Background; Response; Stopping the flow of gas; Operational needs; Durham Woods operations; Shutdown of valves; Haz-mat incidents; Overhaul...
- Group Purchasing Can Save You Time and Money! Mund, Bill // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the "FireRescue GPO" program started by the Western Fire Chiefs Association that brings the convenience of group purchasing with the collective buying power of thousands of fire departments across Minnesota. This program acts as a facilitator of national contract pricing...
- High-Target Areas for the Residential Primary Search. Bricault, Michael // Fire Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p105
The article discusses best practices for firefighters, focusing on searching burning residential structures for unconscious victims, children and the elderly. The importance of starting close to the source of the fire and working outward is balanced against the need to check areas such as...
- Probe with Hands, Not Hand Tools. // Fire Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p106
The article discusses best practices for firefighters, focusing on searching burning residential structures for unconscious victims. The importance of searching with hands as opposed to probing with hand tools is stressed and the theory behind such search techniques is discussed. It is noted...
- Body to the Building. CIAMPO, MICHAEL N. // Fire Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p136
The article focuses on an approach that can be used by firefighters in using a portable ladder in the beam-raise evolution to rescue victims. It notes that firefighters should ensure that the ladder is on the off shoulder and that they should be between the ladder and the building and not under...
- The Heroes of St. Malo. Chase Jr., Francis // Saturday Evening Post;7/14/1945, Vol. 218 Issue 2, p70
Provides an account of how some soldiers saved the lives of those who are inside a burning house, during the Operation Citadel at Saint Malo in the 1940s. Irony in the situation; Details of the rescue operation.