Watch Your Step
- Mutual Aid Departments complete certification process together. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2004, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the firefighter certification examinations in Minnesota. Importance of certification for firefighters; Reason for the increase in the costs of initial certification examination; Costs of recertification.
- 2012 IN REVIEW. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;2012/2013 Directory, p74
The article discusses the partnership of the Minnesota Fire Service Certification Board with other public safety agencies. The training and testing for any firefighter under the Life Safety Code is a project of the Minnesota Board of Firefighter Training and Education. The Minnesota State...
- Oregon offers certification for wildland interface firefighters. // Fire Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the certification to be issued by Oregon's Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) for eligible structural firefighters. Effectivity of the program; Certification levels established by DPSST; Requirements for eligibility.
- News Glimpses. // Fire Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p74
This article focuses on news glimpses related to firefighters. Ken LaSala will take over as head of government relations for the International Association of Fire Chiefs. He replaces Alan Caldwell, who held that position for more than eight years. The International Accreditation Service (IAS), a...
- Here Come the Firefighters! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p2
Provides information on firefighters.
- MEET A FIREFIGHTER. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2 (Teacher's Edition);Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p7
Presents a guide to teaching about firefighter.
- HEAT WAVE. DOUGLAS, KRISTEN // Editor & Publisher;Jun2012, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p16
A photograph of a fire drill conducted by Campbell River firefighters, British Columbia, is presented.
- 19 firefighters die in Ariz. wildfire (with related video). // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/ 1/2013, p1
The article reports on the death of 19 members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots of the Fire Department of Prescott, Arizona who were trying to put out the Yarnell Hill Fire.
- A cooperative approach to building a healthier fire service. // Fire Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p53
Discusses The Fire Service Joint Labor Management Well/Fitness Initiative. Information about the Initiative; Provision for comprehensive mandatory annual medical exams by the fire department; Provision for workout scheduling, resource support and/or access to resources on duty to support...