- Fighting fire with wire. Cain, David A. // American School & University;Jan1994, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p28b
Describes the technology used by Illinois State University's Watterson Towers for fire protection. Description of the building; Fire alarm system of Watterson Towers; Factors which contributed to the choice and installation of the fire alarm system; Test on the effectiveness of the fire alarm...
- PFSC steps not yet a law. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);12/1/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p20
The article lists Punjab's Fire Safety Commission's (PFSC) recommendations for the installation of fire safety equipment and systems for buildings in Pakistan.
- To detect & protect. // Buildings;Oct96, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p88
Focuses on a number of fire safety products. Fire Control Instruments Incorporated's Supplementary Notification Appliance Circuit panel; Edwards Systems Technology's life safety devices; Notifier's Notifier UniNet.
- Sound the alarm. // Current Health 2;Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Explains the proper placement and maintenance of smoke detectors. National Fire Prevention Week, which takes place in October; Advice from the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA); When fatal home fires are most likely to occur; Replacement of batteries.
- What is it (IV)? // PM Engineer;May96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p52
Presents a question on a fire protection system for readers to answer. Includes the answer to a question on a steam-powered soot blower.
- Firestops: Part of doing business. Haber, Lynn // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct95, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p41
Reports on the need for firestopping based on the requirements of the National Electrical Code and the National Life Safety Code. Routine part of doing business for cable installation companies; Requiring knowledge of specialized procedures and products; Availability of firestop materials; Need...
- Products. Services. Media. // Fire Engineering;Dec95, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p74
Presents various equipment and supplies related to fire prevention. Features of 1871-SFO Fire Truck of HME Inc.; Automatic Tire Chains Video of Onspot of North America Inc.; Lie detector system manufactured by Delsar Inc.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p111
Introduces various apparatus for fire prevention. Emergency One aerial platform; KME Aerialcat; West-Mark tanker/pumper; Others; Its features and equipment.
- Slimmer Fog Jet Monitor now available in wide materials range. // Offshore;Oct96, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p132
Reports on Svenska Skum's launching of the Fog Jet Monitor, a fire fighting monitor for offshore and marine users. Features; Sizes available; Svenska's offer of a high-expansion foam system.