- Fighting fire with wire. Cain, David A. // American School & University;Jan1994, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p28b
Describes the technology used by Illinois State University's Watterson Towers for fire protection. Description of the building; Fire alarm system of Watterson Towers; Factors which contributed to the choice and installation of the fire alarm system; Test on the effectiveness of the fire alarm...
- PFSC steps not yet a law. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);12/1/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p20
The article lists Punjab's Fire Safety Commission's (PFSC) recommendations for the installation of fire safety equipment and systems for buildings in Pakistan.
- Nothing alarming about new fire detection systems. Reinbach, Andrew // Buildings;Oct93, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p64
Reports on issues to consider in selecting fire protection systems. Computer-based systems; Standards solved only by software; Complexity in modern buildings creating modern fires and resulting in new fire codes; Regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Complex monitoring...
- To detect & protect. // Buildings;Oct96, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p88
Focuses on a number of fire safety products. Fire Control Instruments Incorporated's Supplementary Notification Appliance Circuit panel; Edwards Systems Technology's life safety devices; Notifier's Notifier UniNet.
- Sound the alarm. // Current Health 2;Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Explains the proper placement and maintenance of smoke detectors. National Fire Prevention Week, which takes place in October; Advice from the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA); When fatal home fires are most likely to occur; Replacement of batteries.
- What is it (IV)? // PM Engineer;May96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p52
Presents a question on a fire protection system for readers to answer. Includes the answer to a question on a steam-powered soot blower.
- Fire stops. // PM Engineer;Jul96, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p95
Presents literature on fire stops. Includes literature from HILTI Corp.; RectorSeal Corp.; IPC International Protective Coatings Corp.
- Firestops: Part of doing business. Haber, Lynn // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct95, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p41
Reports on the need for firestopping based on the requirements of the National Electrical Code and the National Life Safety Code. Routine part of doing business for cable installation companies; Requiring knowledge of specialized procedures and products; Availability of firestop materials; Need...
- Product roundup--fire alarm and life safety. // CEE News;Mar1998, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p16
Presents several fire prevention and life safety equipment. Includes Johnson Controls Inc.'s Metasys Facility management release 8.0 software; Pathway Lighting Inc.'s JSLX series of exit signs; Omega Engineering's OMA-AVDS-4 industrial automatic dialer.