- Fighting fire with wire. Cain, David A. // American School & University;Jan1994, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p28b
Describes the technology used by Illinois State University's Watterson Towers for fire protection. Description of the building; Fire alarm system of Watterson Towers; Factors which contributed to the choice and installation of the fire alarm system; Test on the effectiveness of the fire alarm...
- PFSC steps not yet a law. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);12/1/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p20
The article lists Punjab's Fire Safety Commission's (PFSC) recommendations for the installation of fire safety equipment and systems for buildings in Pakistan.
- Nothing alarming about new fire detection systems. Reinbach, Andrew // Buildings;Oct93, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p64
Reports on issues to consider in selecting fire protection systems. Computer-based systems; Standards solved only by software; Complexity in modern buildings creating modern fires and resulting in new fire codes; Regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Complex monitoring...
- Fire stops. // PM Engineer;Jul96, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p95
Presents literature on fire stops. Includes literature from HILTI Corp.; RectorSeal Corp.; IPC International Protective Coatings Corp.
- Product roundup--fire alarm and life safety. // CEE News;Mar1998, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p16
Presents several fire prevention and life safety equipment. Includes Johnson Controls Inc.'s Metasys Facility management release 8.0 software; Pathway Lighting Inc.'s JSLX series of exit signs; Omega Engineering's OMA-AVDS-4 industrial automatic dialer.
- Home fires. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov92, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p2
Reports that while smoke detectors are very effective at reducing deaths and injuries due to home fires, they are not as effective in mobile homes and in homes with intoxicated individuals, young children and individuals with disabilities, according to an article published in `The New England...
- Products. Services. Media. // Fire Engineering;Sep96, Vol. 149 Issue 9, p83
Presents equipment and supplies related to fire prevention. Includes smoky simulated smoke training system; Adjustable barricade system; Roof and ballistic cab armor.
- Products, services, media. // Fire Engineering;May97, Vol. 150 Issue 5, p118
Introduces different products for fire prevention. Airpac 25 ventilator; Xenon Laser Spot; 3M Fire Protection Systems; Others; Features and uses of the products.
- Show case bulletin boards. // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p87
Introduces various fire prevention products that are out in the market. Ward Diesel's No Smoke filtration system; FireLine, a quality line of flame-resistant brush clothing from PGI Incorporated; Earmark's ESM which serves as a traditional Speaker Mic for everyday operations; Pat-Lock from...