- Search-and-Rescue Man. Bowen, Scott // Outdoor Life;Feb2001, Vol. 207 Issue 1, p10
Presents information on the search and rescue operations of the Lewis and Clark Search-and-Rescue team in Montana. How the rescue team look for lost persons; Use of psychological profiling and lost-person behavior in search and rescue operations; Examples of search and rescue experiences of the...
- Rescue Points to Ponder. Downey, Ray // Fire Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p40
Offers rescue personnel advice on how to approach different rescue situations. Scaffolding collapse; Water tower rescue; Moving concrete.
- Learn More. Hughes, Monica // To the Rescue;2006, p24
A list of books and web sites related to rescue work is presented.
- TRENCH AWARENESS. Darnell, Cary // Fire Engineering;May2001, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p73
Describes the proper training for an effective and efficient trench rescue or recovery operation. Awareness level training; Mastery of rescue tools; Trench simulators; Basic trench rescue response; On-scene protocol; Shoring a trench; Goals and objectives.
- SCO at Work - Giyari Sector. // Hilal;2012, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p39
The article reports on the rescue work conducted by the Special Communication Organisation (SCO) after the tragedy in Giyari, Pakistan in 2012.
- RESCUE! Dankanich, Merry // Odyssey;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p11
The article discusses how to search for people who gets lost in the wood or any other outdoor places.
- Did You Hear 'Mayday'? Novak, LCdr. Ron // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;May2001, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p6
Describes the author's participation in a search and rescue (SAR) operation at sea. Challenges in applying the training he learned at the United States Navy for a land-based rescue; Difficulties maneuvering the aircraft for the land rescue operation.
- 'DIVER MISSING.'. Collins, Larry R.; Lonsdale, Mark // Fire Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p71
Reports on a search and rescue operation conducted to find a missing diver in Los Angeles, California. Response of the fire department; Search of the possible location of the diver; Emergency response personnel involved in the operation; Components of the rescue plan.
- TECHNICALLY SPEAKING. Wright, Becky Robinette // Fire Chief;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on the 10th Rescue Challenge in the U.S. History of the Rescue Challenge; Training benefits from the challenge. INSET: FOR EVERY RESCUE, THERE'S A VICTIM.