FLSA Revisions Raise Exemption Questions
- Hampshire firefighters enlist the help of police and nurses. // Fire Safety Engineering;Dec2006/Jan2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the new initiative led by the firefighters in Hampshire, England which was established to improve fire and arson investigation in the country. The initiative was designed to assist police officers learn more about fire investigations and procedures carried out at the...
- The Courts and Compulsory Arbitration in Pennsylvania. Loewenberg, J. Joseph // Labor Law Journal;May91, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p296
This article focuses on the Pennsylvania Act 111 of 1968 that provide collective bargaining and compulsory arbitration of labor disputes between public employers and their police and firefighters. Act 111 pays scant attention to the determination of the bargaining unit and to the representation...
- Emergency service collaboration. Dartford, Peter // Fire;Apr2014, Vol. 108 Issue 1367, p16
The article discusses the transformational change in the fire and rescue services, which is bringing firefighters into closer work practices with blue light services, as per the Chief Fire Officers Association's Peter Dartford. Topics discussed include work of the fire and rescue services...
- Burned-out bakery has drivers relocate. // Commercial Motor;1/15/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5062, p16
Reports on the relocation of drivers to temporary premises after a fire destroyed the Warburton's Wednesbury depot. Information on the police's investigation on Wednesbury fire; Obstacle faced by firemen in bringing the fire under control.
- Proposed changes in FLSA raise concerns for public safety sector. // Fire Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p54
Reports on the concerns of the public safety sector on the proposed changes in Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) for fire fighters in the U.S. Eligibility of workers for overtime pay as professional or managerial personnel; Impact of the proposed changes of the FLSA on fire fighters; Detail on...
- Firefighter! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p1
Offers information on how firefighters stay safe and provides fire safety tips for families.
- The Firefighter's Toolbox. Savedge, Jennifer // Odyssey;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p32
Presents information on the firefighter's toolbox.
- The fire that didn't have to burn... Drennan, Vina // Redbook;Feb97, Vol. 188 Issue 4, p70
Presents a narration on carelessness and fire accident which killed a firefighter. Author's suggestion for state legislatures to look at the laws for criminal negligence with regard to fire; Need for people to educate themselves about the basics of fire safety; Why fire safety is taken much...
- Untitled. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
A photograph is presented which depicts Hampshire, England's vehicle extrication and trauma care team at the World Rescue Challenge held in Barcelona, Spain.