- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);12/9/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 49, p2
A photograph is presented which depicts a transportation accident in Grand Saline, Texas.
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);10/22/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 42, p1
Photographs of several transportation-related events, including car accident, floods in public highways, and heavy traffic in Grand Saline, Texas are presented.
- Tighter regs sought for crude oil transport. LUNGARIELLO, MARK // Westchester County Business Journal;8/4/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 31, p1
The article focuses on regulation on shipping of crude oil in New York. Topics discussed include the accident occurred in Lynchburg, Virginia due to derailing of CSX Corp.'s 105-car train filled with crude oil, new rules proposed by the U.S. Department of Transportation to improve the safety of...
- Quebec rail disaster shines critical light on oil-by-rail boom. // American Journal of Transportation;7/15/2013, Issue 559, p1
The article reports on the July 2013 train derailment in Lac-Megantic, Quebec which resulted in the death of five people and 40 missing and its impact on the growth of shipping crude oil by rail. A train carrying 73 tank cars of North Dakota crude oil rolled down into the town center where it...
- Why you may yet read by candlelight. FRAILEY, FRED W. // Trains;Sep2014, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p12
The article presents the author's views on the safety of transporting crude oil by rail. He says that the U.S. Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration may ask tank car owners to make their cars more crashworthy. However, he says that it is not poosible to make trains absolutely safe...
- HELL ON WHEELS. // Mother Jones;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the DOT-111 oil tank rail car, focusing on concerns regarding its safety and use in the North American oil industry. Topics include accidents involving the cars such as an explosion in Lac-MÃ©gantic, Quebec, the impact of increased production from the Bakken oil fields on...
- All in a day's work. // Trains;May2005, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p14
Presents a photograph of an RJ Corman Derailment Services employee who struggles against snow and loose ballast to rig a hook to a derailed car.
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);7/20/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 29, p1
The article deals with a rollover accident on July 18, 2006 off FM 17 in Grand Saline, Texas involving a pickup truck. The driver of the truck survived. The accident was still being investigated on the night it happened. A photo of the pickup truck is presented.
- Untitled. // Railways Illustrated;Mar2006, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p51
A photograph related to railway accident is presented. It depicts the derailment of the train Class 205 Hampshire DEMU No. 205028 owned by Dartmoor Railway.