- 2007 MSFCA FALL CONVENTION AWARD RECIPIENTS. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p28
Several images of the recipients of the 2007 Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Awards are presented.
- Training First Responders. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/10/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p18A
A photograph is presented that depicts the first responders and the members of the Emergency Management Team from various counties in Texas, including Burnet, Bestrop, Williamson and Travis.
- the diddly awards. Hitt, Jack // Mother Jones;May/Jun2006, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p16
The article presents the That's No Lobbyist, That's My Wife! Award in the U.S. Karen Weldon: Though described by the Los Angeles Times as an inexperienced 29-year-old lobbyist, her experience as daughter of U.S. Representative Curt Weldon (R-Pa.) has landed her numerous contracts, including a...
- RAPPEL ACADEMY WINS AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE. Keller, Paul // Fire Management Today;Spring2006, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p33
Reports on the Excellence in Firefighting Preparedness, Training and Safety award presented to Oregon-based Pacific Northwest Regional Rappel Academy. Efforts by the academy to enhance the quality and consistency of firefighter training for rappellers throughout the Pacific Northwest Region;...
- 2008 Leadership and Officer of the Year Awards. Hansen, Jim // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2008, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p18
The article announces the awards given in 2007 by the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) to chief officers including the 2007 Leadership Awards to Minneapolis Fire Department Assistant Chief John Freutel and Gunflint Fire Department Chief Dan Baumann, and the 2007 Fire Officer of...
- ARBITRATION OF DISCHARGE GRIEVANCE OF MAINE FIRE FIGHTER -- LEGISLATIVE INTENT TO PERMIT ARBITRATION UNDER GENERAL ARBITRATION LAW AS WELL AS UNDER MAINE FIRE FIGHTERS LAW. // Arbitration Journal;Jun1970, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p131
The article reviews the U.S. court's decision in the case Rockland Professional Fire Fighters Association v. City of Rockland Maine. Although the only issue expressly authorized for submission to arbitration under the Fire Fighters Arbitration Law was that of formation of a contract, an...
- Bill would create retirement accounts for volunteer firefighters. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p68
Reports the sponsorship of the Volunteer Firefighter's Relief Act for tax-deductible contributions of firemen by Congressmen John Larson and Curt Weldon in the United States.
- Weldon Promises Fire Issues on Docket. // Fire Chief;May2005, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p13
Enumerates the fire issues to be discussed by U.S. Representative Curt Weldon in a scheduled interview. Prevention of the U.S. Justice Department from defining what a firefighter is; Establishment of a fire center in Washington D.C.; Determination of the location of firefighters on the fire...
- Chiefs are from Mars, Politicos are from Pluto. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p26
The article presents the author's views on a relationship between fire chiefs and politicians. According to the author, fire officers come from Mars and politicians hail from Pluto. The author firmly thinks that there are politicians who take money from fire fighters and then bad mouth them...