Jobless Claims Rise 4,000 to 345,000
- Unemployment Insurance, Moral Hazard, and Economic Growth. Levin, Eric J.; Wright, Robert E. // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p373
Presents information on a study which examined the trade-off between the unemployment insurance (UI) replacement rates and unemployment as an intermediate relationship that matters only as far as it impacts economic growth. Impact of UI-related unemployment on economic growth; Empirical...
- Michigan Governor: Keep Tax Cuts, Increase Unemployment Benefits. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p5
Reports on the steps taken by the Michigan Governor John Engler regarding preservation of tax cuts and an increase in the amount of unemployment benefits. Shortfall expected in the 2003 budget; Other development plans encouraged by the governor.
- Unemployment Claims Data Shows Diverse Picture for States. Craft, Michael C. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F329, p1
Beneath the surface of last week's data, which showed the number of initial claims for unemployment insurance was the lowest since 1973, are some dramatic changes, especially in energy producing states.
- Recipients of Unemployment Benefits and the Recession. ROBSON, JAMES // Trendlines;
The article focuses on a study to determine the number of recipients of unemployment insurance benefits and the impact of recession in Wasatch Front North area of Utah. It states that the administrative data on unemployment insurance claimants who have received their payments reveals that 50.6...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S as of May 31, 2002. Decline of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Growth of retail sales via electronic commerce; Rise of the Chicago Fed National Activity Index for April.
- Today's data tell yesterday's story. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p11A
In this article the author discusses the condition of the economy in Indiana in the second quarter of 2009. He stresses that the state has recorded a growth in personal income and unemployment-insurance payments in the said quarter, however, warns that it should not be considered as factors for...
- Average unemployment insurance tax rates decrease for Texas employers. // Ellis County Press;12/25/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p2
The article focuses on the announcement from the Texas Workforce Commission concerning the reduction of the Unemployment Insurance tax rate for all employers for 2015 in reflection of the state's continued economic progress.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p2
Reports developments in the economic developments in the U.S. Application of the Washington state for unemployment benefits; Decline of the home construction statistics; Announcement of the Treasury Department on the discount bills in maturing securities.
- Public Policy -- A Unified Voice in Uncertain Times. // Journal of Business (10756124);2/26/2009 Accelerating Regional, Vol. 24, p16
The article focuses on policies which the Greater Spokane Inc. is strongly supporting and endorsing to the Washington State Legislature. Accordingly, Greater Spokane Inc. is supporting policies aimed at expanding the economy, educational development and job creation. Specifically, the...