U.S./Europe M&A Deals Take Wing
- Kitchen to Head Barclays I-Banking In Canada. A. R. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/19/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
The article announces that Tim Kitchen was named head of investment banking at Barclays Capital in Canada.
- Development of the Intermediary Market in Germany. Kretschmar, Thomas; Damaske, Martin // Housing Finance International;Dec2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the growth of the intermediary mortgage market in Germany. Reasons behind the low homeownership share; Convex feature of the German market; Role of investment banks in the market.
- Coredeal regroups. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;04/26/99, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on International Securities Markets Association's discussions with Euroclear. Issue of how the international depository can guarantee Coredeal trades in Europe; Euroclear's expertise in collateral management and cross-border settlement; Euroclear's collaboration with the Government...
- Morgan Chase Fined $6 Million in IPO Flipping Case. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;2/21/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the efforts of securities regulators to punish investment banks that allocated initial-public-offering shares to their high-paying customers in the U.S. Amount fined on J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.; Reference to similar investigations against other companies; Regulations governing the...
- No. 21. Because we're finding out who's REALLY WORTH THEIR PAYCHECK ON WALL STREET. MCDONALD, DUFF // New York;12/24/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p50
The article, part of a special section on reasons to love New York City, discusses the crisis in the Wall Street financial markets and the attendant fall of many prominent investment bankers. Financial executives who have done well despite the crisis are briefly profiled, including Lloyd...
- Solly Boosts Private Team. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;4/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the executives added into the private placement teams of two investment banking firms. Appointment of Miguel Picache at Salomon Smith Barney; Remarks from Salomon private placements co-head Anne Finucane; Description of the position of John Deal at Dain Rauscher Wessels.
- Loop hires muni veteran to oversee New York investment-banking office. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p35
Announces the appointment of Bill Sadowski as managing director of investment banking in the New York City office of Loop Capital Markets. Duties and responsibilities; Emphasis on issuers in New York City and New York State.
- Q & A. H. Y. R. // Private Placement Letter;6/11/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p6
An interview with Anders Maxwell, managing director of Peter J. Solomon Co., is presented. When asked about the reason why he was attracted to the leveraged finance market, he stated that he liked leveraged finance's high content of structure and analysis. Maxwell averred that the size of the...
- What merchant banks offer the finance director. MacDonald, David // Accountancy;May72, Vol. 83 Issue 945, p28
The article describes the services that merchant banks in Great Britain can provide to the finance director. The services offered by merchant banks to the finance director include aid in providing finance for working capital services, raising capital for expansion, and giving advice on any...