Fitch Still Negative on Pittsburgh Outlook Despite Recovery Plan
- Gulf bank ratings suffer for lack of diversification. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/25/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 21, p30
The article reports that Gulf banks will be unable to achieve credit ratings above A+ because of their lack of geographic and business diversification, and inability to significantly expand their customer base, according to Standard & Poor's. Emmanual Vollard, credit analyst at the ratings...
- Agency versus Market Ratings in The Corporate Bond Market. Leonard, Paul A. // American Business Review;Jun83, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p22
Discusses bond ratings. Rating that is a shorthand description of the credit quality of a debt security; Use of bond ratings in the regulation of financial institutions and by investors to discriminate between bonds with different levels of risk; Studies that support the notion of ratings as...
- Bonding for Clemson. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p35
Focuses on the sale of triple-A rated revenue bonds worth multi-million dollars for Clemson University, South Carolina. Winner of the bid; Primary objective of issuing bonds.
- Reoffering Yields. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p36
Presents data related to yields of reoffered bonds in the U.S. as of January 7, 2002. Amount details and credit ratings of offerings made by several companies.
- Phoenix Rises From the Recession With $260 Million GO Issue. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p30
Reports on the credit ratings of general obligation bonds of the government in Phoenix, Arizona. Recovery from economic recession; Projections of valuation growth; Improvement city parks and facilities.
- Flaunting Upgrade, San Antonio's AA-Plus Utility Sets $573M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p1
Reports the marketing of electric and gas system revenue bonds of the City Public Service in San Antonio, Texas. Credit rating of the bonds; Reimbursement for cash spent on gas distribution systems; Conversion of the computer system.
- Moody's Puts Palm Beach County, Fla., in Gilt-Edged Territory. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p34
Reports the increasing general obligation bond rating of the Palm Beach County in Florida. Enhancement of the refunding bond sale; Amount of the average per capita income; Recognition of the diverse economic base.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Wiliams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p35
Reports economic developments in the U.S. and Hawaii as of October 2002. Alteration of the credit rating of Oakland Unified School District; Increase of Medicare reimbursements; Presentation of bond measure to the voters.
- State's credit rating appears safe. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/8/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p3
Focuses on the status of credit ratings in Michigan. Issuance of a 60 million dollar bonds for Clean Michigan environmental program; Rate of the bond sale; Factors owing to the positive assessment.