New Surge In Energy Tech VC
- Poland the most attractive country for IPP investment. // European Power News;Jan1999, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on a report by MarketLine which suggested that Poland is the most attractive country for investments by independent power producers (IPP). Factors of such rating by oil, gas and electricity companies in Europe, Japan and the United States.
- Want money? Vorenberg // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on the investments of venture capital firms in New Mexico. State initiatives which helped growth the number of venture capital companies; Investments in the high technology sector; Criteria used by venture capital firms in selecting investment targets.
- Start-ups will vie for capital at local forum. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/05/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p1
Reports the struggles of local high-technology companies for capital investments in New Orleans, Louisiana. Impact of venture capital slowdown on technology firms; Objectives of the Venture Capital Forum for technology start ups at Wyndham Riverfront Hotel downtown; Attempts of the business...
- VC Funding Falls Behind. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p3
Offers advice to wireless and other technology developers seeking seed or first-round funding. Decline in equity financings in venture capital-(VC) backed companies in the third-quarter of 2001; Decline in investments in the electronics, computer hardware and semiconductor sectors; Technology...
- Technology: The Name of the Game. // Global Finance;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on venture-backed investments in the United States for the second quarter of 2000. Details on the contribution of technology-based companies to increases in investments; Amount of investments for the first half of 2000.
- Fixing the investment cog. Bowen, James // National Capital Scan;Oct2008, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p1
This article discusses the state of investment in the high technology industry in Ottawa, Ontario, in 2008. It highlights the contention that early-stage investors are accepting evaluations that are too high. It also notes the observation that many entrepreneurs in the city do not understand...
- N.H. is benefiting from venture capital pouring in to the region. Miller, Leslie // New Hampshire Business Review;02/25/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p9
Informs on the benefits derived from venture capital pouring into New England. Investments into the region's dot-coms, software and computer parts and equipment manufacturers; Benefit to New Hampshire.
- High-tech investors look at bandwidth. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/15/98, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p41
Focuses on United States venture capital firms' growing investments on Internet technologies. Accel Partners' equity investment on Internet communications company NorthPoint Communications Inc.; Venture capital firm New Enterprise Associates' investment on Internet access provider UUNET...
- Report: Utah enjoying growth in high technology exports. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/2/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the growth experienced by the state of Utah in both high technology exports and total venture capital investments in 2004. Growth rate of high-tech exports; Significance of high technology to Utah; Rankings of Utah in the national industry segment.