- AMERIQUEST DOWNGRADES. // National Mortgage News;6/6/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p30
Reports on the downgrade of the two certificates from an Ameriquest asset-backed securitization deal issued in 2001 by Moody's Investor Service.
- ABS CDS template proves contentious. Colomer-Gaffney, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;6/13/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the debate over the templates to be used for credit default swaps on asset-backed securities (ABS). Option of rating agencies to require different credit events and settlement mechanisms for cash settled contracts that are placed in a rated collateralized debt obligations; Definition...
- Rating Agencies Splitting Hairs. Donovan, Kevin; Mulholland, Sarah // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/16/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the increased number of split ratings on asset-backed securities (ABS). Implication of the trend on the investment sector; Factors that contributed to the growth of split ratings in ABS; Various approaches used by rating agencies in evaluating ABS.
- BEAR STEARNS CUT. // National Mortgage News;6/6/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p30
Reports on the downgrade of the two classes of Bear Stearns asset-backed securities by Fitch Ratings Inc.
- Third Quarter 2007 Guarantor. // Asset Securitization Report;10/15/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 39, Special section p1
The article reports on the trends in the asset- and mortgage- backed securities market during the third quarter of 2007. It notes that turmoil in the subprime market affected many sectors in the industry, including monoline insurers that have traditionally kept their attachments to the triple-A...
- Moody's addresses notching issue. Tempkin, Adam; Gregory, Michael // Asset Securitization Report;12/17/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 48, pN.PAG
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's plans to sponsor an independent, academic investigation into the differences in ratings methodologies, transitions and other disparities between the rating agency's structured finance ratings. Response of the securitization community to Moody's plans;...
- Panelists ask: Do market participants make the grade? // Asset Securitization Report;2/2/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the view expressed by participants at the "Investors' Perspective" panel at the American Securitization Forum held in January 2004 that investors should express their opinions owing to the volatility in the asset-backed market in the United States. Focus of the panel on evaluating...
- RATINGS WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p32
Presents charts depicting asset securitization of rating agencies.
- Moody's on 1st half ABS downgrades. // Asset Securitization Report;9/16/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 36, p6
Reports the ratings downgrades of asset-backed securities. Factor affecting the downgrades; Deterioration of collateral performance; Asset performance accounted for asset-backed downgrades during the first half of 2002.