Demographics Drive Healthcare REITs
- Bankruptcies' ripple effects. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;03/20/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p50
Focuses on the bankruptcy of nursing homes in the United States. Information on the bankruptcy protection filed by Vencor; Threat of service disruption due to the bankruptcy of healthcare providers; Financial problems encountered by real estate investment trusts.
- Health care REITs. Benson, David; McAlister, Lisa // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p12
Describes the policies and processes of health care real estate investment trusts (REITs) in the United States. Health care REITs as owning or financing 9 percent of nursing homes in the United States; Example of health care REIT groups; Health care REITs as an alternative form of financing for...
- Web Ventas buy five care homes. Horne, Alex // Estates Gazette;2/21/2015, Issue 816, p03
The article reports that the real estate investment trust (REIT) Ventas has purchased several nursing care homes in Sussex and Kent in England.
- CareTrust REIT pays $177 M to boost skilled care holdings. Mongan, Emily // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Dec2015, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of a skilled nursing portfolio, worth 177 million dollars, from Liberty Healthcare in Ohio by CareTrust real estate investment trust, which includes skilled nursing beds, and assisted and independent living units.
- Healthcare REITs boost investments. // Modern Healthcare;05/12/97, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p55
Presents information on health care real estate investment trusts (REITs) in the United States. Financial figures for Meditrust, for the quarter ended March 31st, 1997; Where the investments were made; Investments made by Omega Healthcare Investors; Announcement made by Capstone Capital...
- Roundup: PHH Offers $220 Million of New Convertible Notes. // National Mortgage News;5/5/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p12
The article offers news briefs related to the mortgage loan servicing industry in the U.S. PHH Corp. will offer $220 million of four percent senior convertible notes. Possible delisting from the American Stock Exchange (ASE) confronts Hanover Capital Mortgage Holdings Inc. Washington Real Estate...
- Difficulties Buying Real Estate in Bulk. Freed, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/6/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the trend toward privatization of real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the U.S. As early as March 2006 five REIT have already agreed to be taken private. Investment bankers think that the trend is fueled by private investors' willingness to pay handsome premiums over...
- Locally organized REITs expected to pump $3.3 billion into the economy in the first few years. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;8/30/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p20
The article reports on the development of the new local Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and its impact on the economy in Puerto Rico. Local REIT legislation will provide a new source of capital for entrepreneurs in diversified industrial sectors and additional sources of funds to the...
- REIT Up The Property Street. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/3/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p8
The article reports on the entry of real estate investment trusts (REIT) into the British market in 2007. Certain restrictions on the activities of the new trusts are to be placed. Key groups of REIT beneficiaries are described. Some concerns about REIT are raised by industry players.