Rags to Riches In Retail Banking
- Fleming Leads Merrill Renascence in Banking. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 43, p22
The article reports on the business operations and financial position of the New York-based investment bank, Merrill Lynch under the newly appointed co-head of investment banking, Greg Fleming citing financial problems within the company. Merrill has suffered from the appointment of Fleming...
- Morgan on slippery market slope. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Reports on a decline in the investment banking market share of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and Co. in 2000. Position among underwriters for all equity offerings in the fourth quarter of 2000; Earnings in the fiscal fourth quarter ended November 30, 2000; Questions about the wisdom of the merger...
- Morgan Stanley's Outlook Appears Weak to Wall St. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;5/4/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 86, p20
Reports on the uncertainty over investment bank Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.'s ability to meet its 2001 second-quarter earnings per share estimate in light of the spring season's market slump. Expectation of some weakness on the retail side of the business; Performance of bank stocks on May...
- Morgan Stanley to cut 1,600 jobs globally. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;1/10/2013, p16
The article reports on the financial services firm Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. to layoff 1,600 jobs in its investment banking business.
- Morgan Stanley to Lend From Its Balance Sheet. Sherman, Jay // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p9
Reports the competition of investment bank Morgan Stanley with commercial banks in New York, New York. Pressures provided by commercial banks; Establishment of investment-grade loans; Role of chairman Philip Purcell in preserving relationships with corporate clients.
- Fleming to Sell Retail. Roberts, Ricado // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p6
Deals with the decision of Fleming Companies Inc. to retain Morgan Stanley Dean Witter to explore strategic alternatives for the company's conventional supermarket chains, including a possible sale of the units. Revenue generated by the company's retail segment in the first quarter ended April...
- The Book of Gorman. ELSTEIN, AARON // Crain's New York Business;6/13/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p0003
The article focuses on the leadership of James Gorman, chief executive of Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. It states that after Gorman took the position in 2010, the stock of Morgan Stanley reached its lowest point. According to some investors, Gorman needs more time to accomplish his plans. It adds...
- Business Hall of Fame: County is a real winner. Gordon, Marsha // Westchester County Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 50, p38
Reports the success of businesses in Westchester County, New York. Decline in unemployment rates; Occupancy rates at business locations; Jobs created by the relocation of Morgan Stanley & Co. in the city.
- Morgan Stanley Gets 3Q Lift From Investment Banking . WEIL, DAN // American Banker;9/23/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 183, p4
Focuses on the increased profits recorded by Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. for the third quarter of 1999 attributed to the firm's investment banking business. Percentage of return on equity according to firm officials; Value of merger deals undertaken by the company for the period.