Street Blah On New TIPS
- Weekly Indexes Surge Higher Due to Huge Bid-Wanted List. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p40
The article reports the increase in weekly yield indexes in the U.S. for the week June 18-24, 2006, as the municipal market buckled under the weight of massive bidwanted lists and Treasuries sold off on rising inflation expectations. It is noted that the Treasury market continued a deterioration...
- What to watch now. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/21/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 16, p3
Presents news briefs related to stock market strategies in the U.S. as of April 21, 2003. Investment strategies of Dow Industrials and Dow Transports; Efficiency of treasury bond yields; Indicators of inflation.
- Deficit rockets in three weeks. Salmon, James; Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;1/26/2006, p10
The article reports that the pension deficit facing Financial Times and London Stock Exchange 100 companies has risen to 110 billion pounds in Great Britain. The rise is attributed to the rising inflation expectations and falling bond yields. According to analysts, prices have risen in...
- 1999: A year of consolidation in T-bonds. Burke, Walter J. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Feb99, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p28
Forecasts the status of treasury bonds in the United States for 1999. Factors that led to top performance of treasury bonds in 1998; Inflation; Interest; Five cycle degree bull markets.
- If inflation kills the bull. Spragins, Ellyn E. // Newsweek;8/10/1998, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on the possible effect of inflation on the American market, which is bullish as of August 1998. Comparison of consumer prices and wage inflation; What investors can do to safeguard stocks and bonds; Inflation indexed securities, such as Treasury bonds; Suggestion of keeping...
- The Business Cycle And Impacts Of Economic News On Financial Markets. Cakan, Esin // Journal of Business & Economics Research;Jun2012, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p385
By jointly modeling returns and volatilities, we find that unemployment news has no significant impact on US stock market returns, but instead on stock market volatility. There is also a significantly positive relation between the long-term bond return and unemployment news during economic...
- Zoom in Zimbabwe. R.D. // Finance Week;08/20/99, p84
Reports on the excellent performance of the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange in Zimbabwe despite record inflation levels and currency depreciation. Improvement in the industrial index; Factors behind the strong market performance of the stock exchange; Best-performing stocks.
- Stock prices, inflation and output: Evidence from India. Chatrath, Arjun; Ramchander, Sanjay // Journal of Asian Economics;Summer96, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p237
Presents information on a study which examined the negative relationship between stock market trends and inflationary trends for developed economies in Europe, North America, and India. How the study was conducted; Information on the results of the study; Indepth look at the relationship between...
- Lessons learnt in a lowflation world. FLANDERS, STEPHANIE // Money Marketing;12/11/2014, Issue 1465, p30
The author discusses the state of the British stock market amid the gloomy talk of low inflation as of December 2014. Topics include the implication of low inflation on future returns, concerns about the British stock market short term, and why having little or no inflation is bad for company...