A Management Buyout for Soundview?
- Schwab CEO Predicts Scandal Will Deepen. // Money Management Executive;6/21/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p2
This article focuses on the predictions of Charles Schwab Corp.'s CEO David Pottruck about the financial services industry. He said that he expects scandals afflicting the financial services industry to continue. In a business conference in New York he said that there will continue to be new...
- Schwab's No. 2 to get title of co-chief exec. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;12/2/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 230, p11
Announces the appointment of David S. Pottruck as co-chief executive officer of Charles Schwab Corporation, effective January 1, 1998. Details on Pottruck's duties; Career information on Pottruck; Information on Timothy F. McCarthy who succeeded Pottruck as president and chief operating officer.
- Force Brokerages To Disclose More, Schwab Exec Says. DURAN, NICOLE // American Banker;10/21/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 201, p2
Reports on the suggestion of co-chief executive David S. Pottruck of San Francisco, California-based Charles Schwab Corp., for mandatory disclosure of the stock ownership and the total fees received by brokerages from the companies they recommend for investment. Allegations on the company for...
- Finance in brief. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/6/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 40, p8
The article offers news briefs related to financial services industry in Connecticut. Diamondback Capital Management LLC sold its oilfield services business for $270 million to Superior Well Services Inc. Hamilton Robinson LLC is backing a management-led buyout of MEGTEC Systems Inc. that sells...
- MY IDEA OF FUN: SKIING. Pottruck, David // Fortune International (Europe);10/6/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p21
Describes why the author, David Pottruck, President and CEO of Charles Schwab, enjoys skiing. Risks of skiing; Enjoyment of focusing on the rhythms of skiing; Pottruck's occasional mobile telephone use while on the chair lift.
- Schwab's Chief Talks Confidence, Touts His Bank. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;6/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 107, p2
This article focuses on the comments of Charles Schwab Corp.'s chief executive David Pottruck, about the company's success in its banking experiment. Mr. Pottruck made the remarks in answer to a reporter's question on his visit for a speech on restoring investor confidence in Washington D.C. He...
- Co-CEO to Remain Schwab's Retail Chief. // American Banker;3/22/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 56, p20
Reports on the decision by Charles Schwab Corp. to keep David Pottruck as head of its retail division indefinitely. Comments by company's founder and chairman, Charles Schwab.
- Charles Schwab tops $1 trillion in client assets. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;9/21/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p8
Reports on United States-based financial services firm Charles Schwab Corp.'s total client assets as of August 31, 2000. Financial service offerings; Number of active customer accounts; Investment portfolio in Puerto Rico.
- Charles Schwab's services aid online & traditional investors. Juarbe, Viviana // Caribbean Business;10/10/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p39
Focuses on the service alternatives for financial transactions offered by Charles Schwab Corp. Three groups of the company's users in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; Leadership of the company in the online service; Top ranking of the company among Internet broker discount sites for 2002.