Illinois Attorney General Seeking State Court for Casino Case
- Emerald decision could lead to Chicago-based casino. Holtman, Andy // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the decision of Emerald Casino Inc. to officially end its efforts to contest the Gaming Board's decision to revoke its license in Illinois. The gaming board revoked Emerald's license altogether, ruling that it had let those associated with organized crime become investors...
- Illinois AG Calls Gaming Board's Casino License Pick Into Question. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p43
Reports that the Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has reminded the Gaming Board that she could stop the Isle of Capri from building a casino in suburban Rosemont. Introduction of a legislation by Senate President Emil Jones that would allow Governor Rod Blagojevich to abolish the board;...
- Craigslist changes categories. BAIM, TRACY // Windy City Times;5/20/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p7
The article deals with the efforts of Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan to promote changes in the online site Craigslist in a bid to better allow for monitoring of potentially illegal behavior.
- Illinois Gaming Board Picks Three Bidders for Casino License. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31829, p27
The Illinois Gaming Board has chosen three finalists who will bid for the Emerald Casino gaming license in a process that is meant to end a year-long debate over who will build a riverboat casino in Chicago. The board chose three bids out of seven, with the winning proposals coming from Harrah's...
- Emerald Casinos, Illinois Have an Agreement, But ï¿½. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p32
Reports the business agreement between the Illinois Gaming Board and Emerald Casino Inc. Bidding of company assets; Threat of the officials to launch a legal action; Approval of the casino license.
- State's Gaming Board makes right casino call. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
Discusses the Illinois Gaming Board's rejection of a plan to build a casino in Rosemont, Illinois. Reason for the rejection of an investor group's bid to build the casino; Point put across by the state's gambling regulators.
- Gaming Board stacking deck with casino deal. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p10
Reports the settlement deal for the casino licenses of MGM Mirage Inc. and Emerald Casino Inc. with the Illinois Gaming Board. Amount on the casino license of MGM; Reason for the confiscation of the license of Emerald; Lawsuit filed against the board by Emerald.
- Lisa Madigan not running for governor. // Windy City Times;7/17/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p11
The article reports that Illinois attorney general Lisa Madigan will not run as governor of Illinois for the 2014 Illinois gubernatorial election.
- Madigan, Orr file opposition to dismissal of marriage lawsuit. SOSIN, KATE // Windy City Times;4/3/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p6
The article reports that Lisa Madigan, an attorney general from Illinois, and David Orr, a clerk from Cook County, Illinois, has filed briefs against the motion which dismisses equal marriage in Illinois.