Options, Questions Abound as Osceola County, Fla., Considers Convention Center
- Ohio County Selling $230M Certificates for Cleveland Hilton Hotel. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34113, p1
The article reports that Cuyahoga County, Ohio is selling 231 million dollars of certificates of participation to fund the Hilton Hotel, which is near to downtown convention center complex. Topics discussed include Cleveland-Cuyahoga County Port Authority as issuer of the deal, inclusion of the...
- Michigan City Approves Bonding Plan for Hotel Convention Center. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/14/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33041, p6
The article reports on the approval of the design plans for a hotel and convention center by the city council of Grand Haven in Michigan. The plan is financed by 63-20 tax-exempt bonds in the municipality. It is stated that the Grand Haven will create a state-approved nonprofit that will issue...
- NO SLEEPING AT MEETINGS. // Business North Carolina;Nov2010, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the need for a hotel developer to complete the construction of the riverside convention center in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- ICC Sydney Hotel gets go ahead. // Travel Daily;6/17/2014, p4
The article reports on planning approval given for the construction of the International Convention Centre Sydney at Darling Harbour Hotel, part of the Sydney International Convention, Exhibition and Entertainment Precinct (SICEEP) in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Chancellor eye events. // Travel Daily;10/27/2014, p4
The article reports on the construction of a conference and event venue at Hotel Grand Chancellor in Brisbane, Queensland and is due to be completed in April 2015.
- Nashville OKs New Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/21/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33253, p1
The article reports on the approval of the construction of a new convention center in Nashville, Tennessee. It mentions that the consolidated government leaders have voted for the approval of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County's public works project on January 19, 2010....
- Stylish and sophisticated. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Apr2012, p96
The article offers information on various venues for conferences in Singapore including the Maritime Experiential Museum and Aquarium (Mema) at Resorts Worlds Sentosa, the Park Royal on Pickering, and the Equarius Hotel.
- Government studies option to hit tourists with another room fee. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;5/24/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p20
Reports that Puerto Rican government's failure to gather enough funding for construction of the Puerto Rico Convention Center from the island's room tax revenue might force it to charge a convention-center fee to tourists at nearby hotels who might benefit from the facility. Room tax in hotels...
- Greeley weighs plans to build d'town hotel. Armbrister, Molly // Northern Colorado Business Report;6/1/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
The article reports that Greeley, Colorado is planning to build an hotel and a conference center in its downtown.