Austin Selling $118M in Four-Part Deal for Very Different Uses
- Municipal Volume Swells as Second Quarter Kicks Off. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p7
The article reports on the increase in activity in the municipal bond market in the U.S. during the arrival of the second quarter of 2006. The Federal Open Market Committee raised its target for the federal funds rate. California's Bay Area Toll Authority and the Louisiana Citizens Property...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- April Volume Lags March. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p1
Reports on the decline in the issuance of long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. Anticipation of economic recovery bonds from California; Amount of municipal bonds being issued; Reason for the decline in the market; Rise in the interest rates with the improvement in the economy.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Munis Finish Firmer in Light Trading. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32910, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. The municipal market was firmer in light trading as the U.S. treasuries were largely unchanged. Municipal bonds cheapened significantly compared to Treasuries from the previous week. The Treasury market...
- May Volume Barely Tops 2006, But Year-to-Date Sales Up 30%. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p52
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds market in the U.S. as of June 1, 2007. The year-to-date totals of municipal bonds which was sold continued to overshadow 2006 with 2007 issuance levels almost 30 percent higher than in 2006. In 2007, $173.78 million of bonds have been...