It's Official: Florida to Vote Again on Bullet Train
- Rail association plans initiative to tout high-speed system in US. Lee, Jaimy // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Apr2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the plan of the US High Speed Rail Association (USHSR) to launch a large-scale campaign in 2010 to raise public support for a high-speed rail system in the U.S.
- Florida's governor derails FOX. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Feb99, Vol. 200 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the closure of Florida Overland eXpress (FOX), the consortium established to build a high speed rail in Florida. Why Florida Governor Jeb Bush decided to close FOX; Comments from Eugene Skoropowski, the FOX project director.
- Citizens' Groups Form PACs to Back Ft. Worth Schools' $594M Bond Vote. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;9/26/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32721, p31
The article reports on the support of Latinos Unidos for Education and Citizens for Classroom Excellence for the bond election prepared by the Forth Worth Independent School District in Tarrant County, Texas. The bond election will put a $593.6 million referendum to a vote in November 2007. The...
- North Carolina schedules beef referendum. // Southeast Farm Press;3/9/2005, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p17
The article focuses on the statewide referendum to be held in North Carolina on March 30, 2005 for cattle producers. The North Carolina Cattlemen's Association will hold a statewide referendum on March 30, 2005 for cattle producers to decide if they want to revert back to a state assessment...
- Farm bill debate begins. Seaton, Richey // Southeast Farm Press;6/6/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p9
The article relates the author's view on the outcome of the vote of confidence on the referendum of the Georgia Cotton Commission. The author said that the 88 percent affirmative vote of confidence received by the Commission only shows that their programs are generating a return on producers'...
- California OKs push to repeal LGBT teaching law. Wockner, Rex // Between the Lines (10807551);8/4/2011, Issue 1931, p11
The article offers information on the July 25, 2011 approval by California officials for anti-gay groups to start collecting signatures for a voter referendum to repeal the LGBT teaching law.
- Florida's Supreme Court Reviewing Anti-Bullet Train Ballot Language. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31903, p3
Reports that the Florida Supreme Court has begun its required review of ballot language that would ask voters to repeal the referendum they approved in 2000 requiring the state to build a high-speed train system. Total voters' signatures needed by a political action committee called Derail the...
- Faced with derailment in California polls, bullet train ballot is shelved. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p4
Reports that the California High-Speed Train Authority has postponed a referendum that will ask voters if they are willing to finance a bullet-train project. Adoption of an incremental approach to the project instead of risking early voter rejection; Implementation of the project in stages.
- High-Speed Rail's Next Stop: Congress. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/14/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33004, p1
The article reports on the issuance of a mandate by California voters for a high-speed passenger train system linking the southern part of the state with the San Francisco region. By a margin of 52% to 48%, voters approved Proposition 1A which is a $9.95 billion state general obligation bond...