Loudon County, Va., Puts $108M of GOs on Nov. Ballot
- Fairfax County, Va., Putting $325M in GOs to Voters. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p32
Reports on the decision to ask voters to approve the general obligation bond issuance in separate ballot questions in Fairfax County, Virginia. Approval of the Circuit Court to place the bond questions on the ballot; Utilization of the proceeds on human services facilities; Plan of the county to...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p25
Presents schedules of referendum related to municipal bonds in the U.S.
- Williamson County, Tex., Weighs $100M Road Bond Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p36
The article reports that officials from Williamson County, Texas have proposed a new $100 million road bond referendum. They have spent nearly all of the proceeds from a $350 million general obligation bond package approved in 2000. The additional bond proceeds would finance projects that were...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32208, p30
Presents a listing of municipal bond elections in the U.S. from September 10-November 15, 2005.
- Detroit Eyes Debt Vote. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p27
Cites the plan of the city council of Detroit, Michigan to vote on a measure that would ask voters in November 2004 to authorize bonds for several capital projects in 2006. Provisions of the proposed measure; Implications for the municipal bonds market.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;5/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32140, p14
The article presents the table of the U.S. municipal bond elections involving $500,000 or more and dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots.
- Prince William County, Va., May See $1.72B of GOs Over 13 Years. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p5
The article reports that officials in Prince William County, Virginia, are considering to bring a US$1.72 billion of general obligation bonds in a series of referendums, primarily to keep up with the strong demand for new roads in the rapidly growing locality. Of the US$1.72 billion, US$ 1.54...
- Political capital? Look no further than the GOP. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/5/2004, Issue 323213, p3
Reports on the passage of California's recovery bond as well as Proposition 58 at a reference held. Efforts of governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to promote the deficit bond; Bipartisan theme of the campaign; Goal of the propositions to refinance existing debt from the shortfall in last year's...
- Sixty Industry, Calif., Voters OK $500M Of GOs, With $150M for New Stadium. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/22/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33046, p3
The article reports on the approval of the $500 million of general obligation bonds in San Francisco, California. The $150 million will be used to finance infrastructure needed for a proposed National Football League stadium. The city has just 84 registered voters and the referendum required a...