Some Pennsylvania Schools to Sell Ahead of Law
- Senate May See Proposal for $2.8B in Bonds for Schools. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p44
Reports on a legislation allowing school districts to issue up to $2.8 billion a year in tax-exempt private-activity bonds for school construction in the United States. Permanence of the tax-free status of employer educational assistance; Expansion of savings plans for education; Status of...
- OKLAHOMA: Jenks Schools Break Ground. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/13/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33198, p9
The article announces several projects by the Tulsa County Independent School District No. 5 in Oklahoma. It notes that the project are wholly or partially financed with proceeds from 155 million of lease revenue bonds that has been approved by voters in 2008. It stresses that the bonds are...
- FACTORS AFFECTING SCHOOL DISTRICT CHOICE OF BONDS. Gamkhar, Shama // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2002, p396
Examines the factors affecting school district choice of bonds in the U.S. Use of lease purchase revenue; Changes in school district debt; Insight to school district behavior.
- Wealthy Chicago Suburban School District Downgraded. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p3
Reports the downgrade of bonds in the school district of Chicago, Illinois. Amount of bond issue on the Cook County suburban district; Increase of tax revenues in district by referendum; Use of bonds by school districts to make up for revenue short falls.
- Clover Park Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p37
Reports on the multi-million general obligation bond measure for Clover Park School District faced by voters in Lakewood. Use of the bonds to finance the rebuilding of lakes High School; Plan of public forums for Citizens' Committee.
- School District Deficits Spur Sweeping Reform Proposals in Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31565, p38
Focuses on bills introduced in the state of Colorado to protect school districts, taxpayers and investors in Colorado debt. Effect of measures on school district accounting; Provisions of a bill discussed; Measure that would allow voters to overturn a bond election.
- Grand Jury to Schools in Contra Costa County, Calif.: Avoid CABs. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F327, p1
The article reports that civil grand jury of Contra Costa County, California, have found that seven of the 20 school districts of the U.S. have issued capital appreciation bonds (CABs). It states that jury has asserted that school districts in Contra Costa County should consider avoiding CABs in...
- Random Audit of San Antonio-Area School Bonds Closed With No Change. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/28/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33122, p5
The article focuses on the disclosure of the Northside Independent School District regarding the random audit conducted by U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in San Antonio, Texas. The IRS has closed its random audit of $170 million of variable-rate bonds they sold in 2003, with no chance of...
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.