Chicago Faces $220 Million Shortfall in 2005, Officials Warn
- Florida Budget Hole Could Deepen If Tourist Stay Home. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31230, p40
Reports the government budget deficit in Florida. Contribution of the tourism industry on public finance; Anticipation of decline in tax revenue collection; Concern on the credit rating of the state.
- Latest Revenue Estimates Warn Illinois Is Facing $750M Shortfall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32830, p7
The article reports that Illinois is facing a $750 million shortfall in its budget for 2008 and another $91 million in fiscal 2009. The decline is due to an economic slump that is affecting the sales tax and corporate income tax collections. According to Jim Muschinske, revenue manager for the...
- IOWA: Budget Out of Balance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33129, p9
The article reports on the budget shortfall of Iowa. The state has faced a $90 million deficit in its current budget due to declining revenue collections that dropped 12% in May 2009 and are down 4.5% for the year so far. Ohio will need to take additional steps to end the fiscal year June 30,...
- Washington Identifies Shortfall Larger Than Originally Expected. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p31
Reports the shortfall of tax collections from the state Office of the Forecast Council in Washington State. Impact of the tax collection shortfall on the budget deficit; Statistical figure of the deficit for the 2001 to 2003 biennium budget; Attribution of the national economy on the projected...
- D.C. officials pleased with their $41 million in delinquent tax collections. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p5
Reports that Washington, D.C. has collected $41 million in calendar year 1997 from previously delinquent tax receivables. President Bill Clinton's warning regarding the city's budget deficit if lawmakers do not pass a revitalization package; Sources of increase in the tax collection; Federal...
- Red harvest. Lynch, Michael W. // Reason;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p22
Reports that growth in tax collections had led government forecasters to reduce their deficit projections. Projected budget deficit for the fiscal year 1997; Projected budget deficit in May; Estimated deficit for the year 1998.
- TX: Fiscal Outlook Better than Before. // GPP eNews;8/24/2012, p4
The article reports on the increased tax collections of Texas as compared to its 2011 budget deficit.
- Deficit Ahead for Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32436, p35
The article reports on the budget deficit of $64.5 million in Chicago, Illinois, as official start work on a $5.5 billion 2007 election year budget. The deficit is due largely to increased funding required for contractual wage increases, pension funding, and medical care costs. According to the...
- U.S. Posted S7T.2B Deficit in March. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32110, p2
Reports that the U.S. federal government has posted a budget deficit in March 2005 though both individual and corporate tax receipts rose. Total deficit for the first six months of fiscal 2005; Comparison with the previous year's figures.