Munis Rise as Treasuries Climb On Lower-Than-Expected GDP
- Munis Drop 3 to 5 Basis Points; Treasuries Rise on Favorable Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields dropped down by three and five basis points on August 28, 2003 in light to moderate trading boosted by treasury bills which continued to gain upward momentum as the session progressed. Impact of the increase in first time applications for unemployment...
- Munis and Treasuries Weaken After Strong GDP Growth in 3d Quarter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on October 30, 2003. Weakening of municipal bonds and Treasuries due to better-than-expected third-quarter gross domestic product growth; Secondary market activity.
- Munis Finish Mixed; GDP Weaker Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p2
The article reports that participants in the municipal bond market in the United States have mixed emotions as fourth quarter gross domestic product growth came in weaker than expected in 2005. The Commerce Department supported the government bond market when it reported real gross domestic...
- Munis Finish Mixed; Buyers Stay on Sidelines Ahead of Eventful Week. Johnson, Anastasija; Bill Curran // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Level of bond prices in the municipal bond market; Consumer sentiment index; Growth in gross domestic product in the third quarter of year 2004.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 22. // Bond Buyer;3/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31846, p2
Presents a chart showing municipal bond deals and economic indicators in the U.S. on March 22, 2004. Names of issuers, lead underwriters, structures and pricing dates; Indicators, such as gross domestic product and durable goods; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Indexes Keep Rising, Thanks to Heavy Supply, Treasury Slump. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p31
Reports on the increase in indexes as municipal bond prices decreases in the face of heavier supply and a fall of the Treasury market in the U.S. Amount of the general obligation bonds and several large deals in California; Indication of a growth in gross domestic product; Average yield to...
- Muni Prices Stable in Light Trading As Treasuries React to GDP Figures. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of December 2001. Prices of municipal bonds; Increase in the number of bond issues; Reduction in gross domestic product.
- Most Bond Buyer Indexes Finish Lower This Week as New Issuance Slows Down. Jobnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/29/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32122, p60
The article reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" yield indexes finished lower as the muni market experienced somewhat of a respite in new issuance and indicators pointed to slowing economic growth. John Canavan, debt strategist with Stone & McCarthy Research in Prineeton New Jersey said that in...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT. // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p2
Presents information about bond market on August 5, 2003 in the U.S. Economic indicators; Municipal bond Index; Government securities prices.