July Volume Fell Below $25 Billion
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, August 2. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Presents charts depicting municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2, 2004.
- Munis Firm 1-2 Basis Points in Modest Activity. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32868, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. The municipal market firmed by one or two basis points in modest activity. Treasuries posted gains due to declining stocks, signs of further weakening in the housing sector and a drop in the April 2008...
- Munis Rally; Bernanke Gets Committee Nod. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, William // Bond Buyer;11/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32261, p2
Presents updates related to municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Detection of the rally of municipal bonds as a flurry of new deals continued to get favorable reception; Growth in the value of Treasury bills; Observation of strong demand for municipal bonds.
- Municipals Flat, Treasuries Rally After Fed Adds to Rate Statement. Johnson, Anaslasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32125, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market finished little changed before the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) released a corrected statement downplaying long-term inflation risks after it raised its target federal funds rate to 3.0%. Traders said municipal bonds followed suit and...
- Munis Improve as Data Leads to Treasury Gains. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p2
The article reports that the improvement of the U.S. municipal bond market is attributed to gains in government securities. Tax-exempt rates of return declined by one or two basis points as prices increased. A slower-than-expected economic growth indicator is the factor in Treasuries gains. The...
- Munis Slightly Weaker on Strong Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of June 2007. A trader from San Francisco, California said that the market is off at a basis point or two. In addition, a dealer sold a Leander Independent School District 4s of 2010 at 3.83 percent to a customer...
- Munis Unchanged to Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/20/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32612, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 20, 2007. A New York trader said that the market is in a little firmer tone. Another trader from Los Angeles, California points out that the market is largely unchanged. The Treasury market showed little...
- Issuers Set Record for Volume. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p1
The article reports that over 408.18 billion of bonds sold in the municipal bond market in 2005 in the U.S. The reason for the increase is the relatively low interest rates and a flat yield curve. It was hypothesized that some state and local governments accelerated issuance when rates were...
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Go Negative on Strong Jobs Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. on June 4, 2004. Stability of municipal bonds; Impact of the May 2004 employment report on the Treasuries; Growth in the labor market; Impact of the growth of the labor market on interest rates.