Kansas City and Springfield, Mo., To Vote on $685 Million of Debt
- Newark Arena Opponents Vow to Continue Fight Against $200M Bond Plan. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p36
Reports on the plan of a group to appeal in the state court that denied their request to let voters decide how the bonds should be spent in New Jersey. Opposition of the group to use the bond to build a sports arena; Impact of the legal challenge on the sale of the bonds; Request of the group...
- Evansville, Ind., Turns to BABs for Arena. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/28/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33307, p1
The article reports on the market entry to financing of Evansville, Indiana which has issued 115 million U.S. dollar worth of taxable Build America Bonds to support the construction of a downtown arena between Indiana and northern Kentucky. It was started by taking retail orders on 6 million...
- Mayor: Delay of Vote Unrelated to Dallas Cowboys News. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31314, p4
Reports the implication of the City Council decision for tax referendum on the bond plans in Dallas, Texas. Speculations on the plans for the site of the stadium; Plans for street reconstruction and mass transit in the city; Influence of the final debt service payment on bond elections.
- Newark, N.J., Agency Looking to Price Hockey Deal Within a Month. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p48
Reports on the plan to put a price on the cost of the construction of the arena for New Jersey Devils hockey team in Newark, New Jersey. Schedule of the meeting of the authority with the state's local finance board to review the application for the bond sale; Support of the Port Authority of...
- Arena funding at critical stage. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;06/24/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p1
Reports the need for additional funding for the construction of hockey arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Evaluation of the financial viability of the project; Issuance of tax-free bonds; Provision of insurance for the investment of the bondholders.
- Arena Power Play. // Business News New Jersey;11/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p2
Reports the partnerships between businessmen and politicians to finance the construction of sports arena in Newark, New Jersey.
- ALABAMA: Auburn Eyes New Arena. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32500, p35
The article reports on the plan of Auburn University in Alabama to build a new basketball arena that will be financed with bonds and donations. The cost of the arena has been estimated to reach $92 million and $95.5 million. The issue has been considered by the Auburn Trustees' Property and...
- Detroit's Arena Vote Delayed. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;8/28/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33970, p1
The article informs that the progress on a bond-financed new hockey arena in Detroit, Michigan hit an obstacle as a state development board has delayed a vote on the deal. It informs that the Michigan Strategic Fund was set to vote on final authorization of the 450 million U.S. dollars...
- The Nets falling, but Barclays Center is on the rise. Henry, Marcus // New York Amsterdam News;12/17/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 51, p41
The article reports that the basketball team New Jersey Nets owned by Bruce Ratner continues to struggle but his arena project, the Barclays Center, got extra funding in New Jersey. The Nets are facing the possibility of losing 70 games for the season. Tax-free bonds amounting to 511 million...